Graduate IT Analyst
- You must have, or be predicted to gain, a 2:2 degree classification or above in the one of the following subjects: STEM, Computer Science and ITMB degree.
- This programme consists of rotational placements and therefore you must be willing to relocate as and when the programme requires.
About the Role
Innovative, reliable and secure, our technology empowers National Grid in a fast-changing energy industry. The services underpinning them are wide-ranging – which means you could work in:
- Project Management – working on projects to deliver technology or applications
- Business Analysis – understanding business processes and the systems that our customers use
- Infrastructure & Operations – maintaining live systems and resolving problems with system failures
- Business Relationship Management – working with our customers to understand their system requirements
- Enterprise / Solution Architecture - setting out National Grid’s technical roadmap and the technology of the future
Key Tasks and Areas of Work
Depending on your choice of business area, you could be working in any of the following roles:
- Working as a junior project manager or business analyst – working with both our business customers and internal IT teams to deliver system changes and understand customer needs.
- Working with the infrastructure / operations / strategy team – working on initiatives that mean we can collaborate better, work smarter, be more digital or new company wide application changes.
- Working across our global business to share best practice on how to make best use of our applications and technologies
- Working with our customers to really understand their business and how technology can improve the way they work
Working in the IS department means you could be working with third party suppliers or National Grid businesses.
The role that technology plays is wide reaching and touches every working person every day. You will have access to many parts of National Grid, whether that is through starting projects and visioning the end product, resolving technology issues for customers or finding better ways to use technology for the benefit of our employees and customers.
Disabilities and Reasonable Adjustments
If you consider yourself to have a disability, long term health condition and/or require any reasonable adjustments to complete any part of our application process, please make us aware as soon as possible so we can make the relevant adjustments.
Please also contact us if you require this, or any other document in an alternative format such as large print, braille, audio or easy read.
Telephone: 01926 654630