Graduate Procurement Buyer - National Grid
- You must have, or be predicted to gain, a 2:2 degree classification or above in the one of the following subjects: Maths, Business, Economics, English, Geography, History, Management, Logistics, Supply Chain, Finance or Law degree.
- This programme consists of rotational placements and therefore you must be willing to relocate as and when the programme requires.
About the Role
Do you like to shop? Well it’s slightly different than popping out to your local shops to grab the latest gadget or in fashion clothing item, as you’ll be in one of the various areas within the Global Procurement Indirect or Direct teams. This means you’ll help to procure the goods, services and work required to keep National Grid operating.
Responsible for negotiating and contracting goods and services and delivering them in ways that guarantee quality and value to our colleagues in National Grid across all directorates, including Electricity Transmission, Gas transmission, Indirects, Fleet, Capital Delivery, Information Services, National Grid Ventures, Strategy, Global or Contract Management.
You’ll be putting your love of bargaining and haggling to good use, a shoppers dream, we think!
Key Tasks and Areas of Work
- You will be responsible for procuring a range of goods and services, the development of category strategies and running and managing sourcing projects to contract award.
- Engaging with multiple business units in running full Strategic Sourcing Events, performing Mini Tendering specific requirements on a framework of suppliers whilst working closely with the buyers and key stakeholders.
- Roles in Global Procurement’s Contract Management Team will require you to support the Contract Management process for contracts negotiated by the Buying teams that have been handed over to the Contract Management function.
- You’ll build specialist expertise in sourcing, managing and delivering high-profile, high-value, highly complex contracts. And you’ll develop a flair for analysing and exploiting economies of scale – something that’s fundamental to the way our Procurement team operates.
You will work within one of the largest procurement departments in the Midlands and gain skills and experience from a broad range of highly experienced peers. You’ll be offered a detailed induction and access to training courses that will set you up for a career in National Grid and Global Procurement.
You will have a clear career path from day one with great opportunities for development and promotion.
Following the 18-month programme, you will also be able to work towards a CIPS professional qualification (Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply).
Disabilities and Reasonable Adjustments
If you consider yourself to have a disability, long term health condition and/or require any reasonable adjustments to complete any part of our application process, please make us aware as soon as possible so we can make the relevant adjustments.
Please also contact us if you require this, or any other document in an alternative format such as large print, braille, audio or easy read.
Telephone: 01926 654630