Graduate Quality Assurance Engineer, Gas Transmission - National Grid
- You must have, or be predicted to gain, a 2:2 degree classification or above in the one of the following subjects: Engineering or STEM degree
- To apply for this role, you must hold a valid full UK car driving licence, or be willing to learn to drive and agree to secure a valid full UK car driving licence at least 3 months before the programmes start date.
- This programme consists of rotational placements and therefore you must be willing to relocate as and when the programme requires.
About the Role
Gas Transmission (GT) is the owner of the gas National Transmission System (NTS). As the asset owner and manager, GTO is responsible for ensuring the network is fit for purpose so that the System Operator can use it to supply gas to customers across the country.
The Quality Assurance team within GT develops, defines and implements the policy and requirements for materials and supplier management to ensure the network runs reliably and safely.
Your part in all of this is to support the development and implementation of the end-to-end process for materials management, and supplier quality assurance requirements to cover whole asset life. You will also support the supplier management performance process via involvement in the non-conformance process and reporting into the Vendor Quality Review Group.
Key Tasks and Areas of Work
- Development and implementation of an end-to-end process for materials management within Gas Transmission
- Coordinate supply chain non-conformance investigations to determine root cause of failure and identification and implementation of suitable corrective and preventive actions
- Support the development and improvement in QA systems and tools
- Generate Engineering Bulletins related to quality, non-conformances and safety to ensure effective communication of any issues plus sharing of lessons learned and best practice
The role will require working across all teams in the Gas Transmission business and in particular, Engineering and Asset Management, Operations, Delivery Services, Contract Management and Global Procurement. The role will also be required to liaise with external suppliers for the coordination of non-conformance investigation.
You will develop a deep knowledge of QA requirements and performance improvement tools. In addition, the role will require extensive engagement with the wider stakeholders across Gas Transmission and the supporting functions. As a result, you will build an extensive network of contacts across the business and build up a robust technical understanding of the asset management lifecycle.
The role will also involve regular interaction with the supply chain and National Grid sites, which will develop an understanding and appreciation of key manufacturing processes, their control strategies, and their impact on operational performance.
The position will enable you to develop technical knowledge and understanding with supporting experience of business skills to support application for professional accreditation.
Disabilities and Reasonable Adjustments
If you consider yourself to have a disability, long term health condition and/or require any reasonable adjustments to complete any part of our application process, please make us aware as soon as possible so we can make the relevant adjustments.
Please also contact us if you require this, or any other document in an alternative format such as large print, braille, audio or easy read.
Telephone: 01926 654630