Corporate Security Graduate, IS – National Grid
- You must have, or be predicted to gain, a 2:2 degree classification or above in the one of the following subjects: STEM, Economics or Law degree.
- This programme consists of rotational placements and therefore you must be willing to relocate as and when the programme requires.
About the Role
There’s a little bit more to the Corporate Security Graduate Programme than patrolling the property. In fact, it’s so far from that and, the services are so wide-ranging that you could really make your mark in any one of the areas underpinning UK Corporate Security.
You will be part of a team that manages and co-ordinates advice on physical, personal and personnel security risks for all National Grid business areas, who also lead on all internal investigations for fraud, ethical and security matters.
Key Tasks and Areas of Work
Depending on your choice of team, you could be working with:
- Critical National Infrastructure (CNI) protection and UK Government Oversight – teams providing advice on protection and understanding what our industry and others are doing
- Insider Threat Management – reducing our exposure to insider threat through security of our services and premises
- Digital Forensics – you could be involved in collecting evidence for any investigations, internally from employees or externally through unlawful activity
- Strategy and policy – working to define the policies by which all employees must adhere or how to deal with threat situations
- Governance and Compliance – monitoring policy implementation across National Grid
Working in the IS department means you could be working with third party suppliers or National Grid businesses.
The role that technology plays is wide reaching and touches every working person every day, yet brings a level of threat that could bring disruption and reputational damage.
You’ll be at the heart of teams developing new processes and innovation to reduce our exposure to insider threats.
Disabilities and Reasonable Adjustments
If you consider yourself to have a disability, long term health condition and/or require any reasonable adjustments to complete any part of our application process, please make us aware as soon as possible so we can make the relevant adjustments.
Please also contact us if you require this, or any other document in an alternative format such as large print, braille, audio or easy read.