Graduate Commercial Analyst, System Operator - National Grid
- You must have, or be predicted to gain, a 2:2 degree classification or above in the one of the following subjects: Economics, History, Geography, STEM or Business related degree.
- This programme consists of rotational placements and therefore you must be willing to relocate as and when the programme requires.
About the Role
As a Commercial Graduate within the System Operator, you’ll do vital work at the heart of the UK’s energy industry, ensuring our high voltage electricity and high pressure gas networks, plus the commercial infrastructure that underpins them, meet the fast-growing needs of consumers.
You’ll work with the best business people across the energy industry and within National Grid to solve a wide range of complex problems. You’ll come up with innovative new ways to do business and manage business-to-business relationships.
Key Tasks and Areas of Work
- Predict the nation’s energy needs for the coming decades so we can understand how our networks and policies might have to change.
- Lead analytical work that defines the future direction for the transmission networks.
- Collaborate closely with industry stakeholders to ensure the gas and electricity systems of the future meet their expectations, needs and wider industry wide challenges such as the 2050 climate change targets,
- working with colleagues from the commercial, regulatory, financial and technical areas of our business.
- Negotiate connection and service contracts with customers.
- Work with energy industry colleagues, the European Commission and national bodies to develop and implement amendments to industry codes that set out how the energy markets operate.
- Work out our charging rules and collect our revenues.
- Investigate the root causes of performance issues, identify and analyse opportunities to improve processes, then recommend and implement sustainable developments.
Consider a career in this area if you want to learn from the best business people in the energy industry to be a thought-leader, a facilitator, a negotiator and an inspiration to colleagues’ right across the energy industry.
Disabilities and Reasonable Adjustments
If you consider yourself to have a disability, long term health condition and/or require any reasonable adjustments to complete any part of our application process, please make us aware as soon as possible so we can make the relevant adjustments.
Please also contact us if you require this, or any other document in an alternative format such as large print, braille, audio or easy read.