Graduate Control & Instrumentation Engineer, Capital Delivery - National Grid
- You must have, or be predicted to gain, a 2:2 degree classification or above in the one of the following subjects: Electrical & Electronic or Control & Instrumentation Engineering degree.
- To apply for this role, you must hold a valid full UK car driving licence.
- This programme consists of rotational placements and therefore you must be willing to relocate as and when the programme requires.
About the Role
There is an exciting programme on the horizon, an upgrade to our current systems to meet the latest Cyber-security and Functional Safety industry standards. You will be an instrumental part of this; working closely with Control & Instrumentation engineering experts from across the organisation as well as external designers and equipment suppliers.
Throughout the graduate position, you will develop relevant technical skills and experience in all aspects of project delivery related to the design, construction and commissioning of new instrumentation, control and protection systems. This all then leads up to you becoming an expert engineer in Instrumentation, control and protection systems which are critical to the safe and efficient operation of the Gas National Transmission System that is owned and operated by National Grid.
Key Tasks and Areas of Work
As a Graduate Control & Instrumentation engineer working within the Capital Delivery team you will be involved in all aspects of design, construction and commissioning of instrumentation, control and protection systems, including;
- Working with stakeholders to support the development of National Grid policies, procedures and specifications
- Design and Project development
- Working with delivery and commercial teams to develop contract delivery strategies
- Providing a single point of interface for the resolution of technical issues
- Provision of technical support to project delivery teams, designers and equipment suppliers to ensure that design solutions;
- Provide the necessary level of Functional Safety and Cyber-security
- Satisfy the requirements for operation, quality and performance
- Enable installation and commissioning with minimal disruption to site operations, availability and customers
- Setup effective post project support arrangements, including training, technical support, obsolescence management, records and spares
- Provide installation, testing and commissioning advice, support and quality assurance
This is a unique opportunity to develop your technical, design management and stakeholder management skills; all vital in a successful Control and Instrumentation Engineer.
In Capital Delivery, we are committed to the personal development of our staff. Joining us, you’ll be supported as you develop a wide range of leadership, business and technical skills through structured training and on the-job experience. And you’ll work closely with your line manager to establish and navigate through a Personal Development Plan that is tailored to your needs.
Disabilities and Reasonable Adjustments
If you consider yourself to have a disability, long term health condition and/or require any reasonable adjustments to complete any part of our application process, please make us aware as soon as possible so we can make the relevant adjustments.
Please also contact us if you require this, or any other document in an alternative format such as large print, braille, audio or easy read.