Graduate Customer Account Manager, Electricity Transmission- National Grid
- You must have, or be predicted to gain, a 2:2 degree classification or above in the one of the following subjects: Business Studies (business related), Marketing or Engineering degree.
- To apply for this role, you must hold a valid full UK car driving licence.
- This programme consists of rotational placements and therefore you must be willing to relocate as and when the programme requires.
About the Role
You will be the single point of contact for a portfolio of customers across the Electricity Transmission licensed business. So, having a knack to developing strong relationships, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders and keeping clients satisfied concurrently, is something we don’t take lightly. Whilst working alongside System Design, Investment Delivery and Development, you’ll be anticipating customer needs, administering the voice of the customer to ensure delivery of Electricity Transmission customer products and mitigating risks through managing and negotiating commercially appropriate contracts. All the while providing the customer with a positive experience through their customer journey.
Key Tasks and Areas of Work
- Manage the commercial liability through the negotiation of the appropriate contracts across the connections lifecycle.
- Utilise a range of techniques to engage the customer, develop solutions that work through understanding and driving fit-for-purpose commercial solutions.
- Support and contribute to the implementation of the ET customer strategy into the portfolio of customers, leveraging mutual value for our Customers and ET.
- With support, develop ET Customer Account Plans to manage customer relationships (including the SO) and provide a 360 view of the account that drives profitable activity, and shape our business offering to deliver improvements in service.
- Provide the business with a forward projection / pipeline of customer work, and ensure that these requirements are effectively communicated.
- Represent ET with support, promoting our brand through all innovative means to further our strategic customer messaging.
- Ensure alignment of Commercial & Technical responsibilities across Customer Connection Opportunities are championed across ET, managing through a professionally negotiated contracting strategy.
- Provide the commercial input for all portfolio customer interactions, seeking value and furthering our commercial position whilst maintaining compliance with Grid / Industry requirements.
- Direct ownership for obtaining and acting on Customer / National Grid Electricity System Operator (NGESO) feedback, ensuring actions are owned and managed across the business leading to an effective resolution and improvements to the Customer Journey.
Working in the ET Customer Account Management Team will provide you with a variety of skills including transferrable skills to support your career development within National Grid.
The role will give you the opportunity to interact with many teams within ET and NGESO, at all levels including senior managers.
Below are a few of the skills/ experiences you’ll gain from this role:
- Gain an understanding of Electricity Transmission system
- Strong understanding of the connections process and licensed obligations
- Awareness of the other teams involved in the connections process and how they contribute
- Interacting with technical experts within the business
- Build key relationships by engaging with customers and stakeholders
- Gain an understanding on commercial contracts
- Utilising Performance Excellence tools and techniques.
Disabilities and Reasonable Adjustments
If you consider yourself to have a disability, long term health condition and/or require any reasonable adjustments to complete any part of our application process, please make us aware as soon as possible so we can make the relevant adjustments.
Please also contact us if you require this, or any other document in an alternative format such as large print, braille, audio or easy read.
Telephone: 01926 654630