Safety, Health & Sustainability Graduate, Capital Delivery - National Grid
- You must have, or be predicted to gain, a 2:2 degree classification or above in the one of the following subjects: Environmental Sciences, Geography, Sustainability, Ecology, Safety or Engineering degree.
- To apply for this role, you must hold a valid full UK car driving licence.
- This programme consists of rotational placements and therefore you must be willing to relocate as and when the programme requires.
About the Role
Joining the Capital Delivery Safety, Health and Sustainability (SHS) team, you will be given the opportunity to be involved in a range of areas such as Safety and Sustainability, Environmental, Crisis Management and Assurance, policy and resilience.
Bringing your knowledge and expertise from your degree discipline, you will bring a fresh pair of eyes to our SHS team. Your role will span across all of our disciplines to provide you with as breadth of experience, with a focus project(s) aligned to you.
Key Tasks and Areas of Work
- Lead on a project(s) delivering real benefit to the business aligned within your degree discipline/subject expertise area
- Positively input and challenge existing processes within our business to provide improved customer service to our internal customers
- Support team leads in the delivery of key projects and activities across the business
- Work with subject leads across the UK business, building strong two-way relationships, supporting them to achieve world class performance
- Identify any emerging changes in your area of expertise and what this may mean to National Grid
- Support site visits where required to provide advice and build your own knowledge of the business operations
This is a unique opportunity to develop your stakeholder management and project management skills; whilst gaining expertise in a specialist area of the SHS team.
In Capital Delivery, we are committed to the personal development of our staff. Joining us, you’ll be supported as you develop a wide range of leadership, business and technical skills through structured training and on the-job experience. And you’ll work closely with your line manager to establish and navigate through a Personal Development Plan that is tailored to your needs. As part of your development you will have
The opportunity to work closely with all levels of employees and leadership across the business
- To undertake operational site visits
- Potential to work virtually with US business
- Opportunity to gain professional accreditation (IEMA/IOSH etc.)
Disabilities and Reasonable Adjustments
If you consider yourself to have a disability, long term health condition and/or require any reasonable adjustments to complete any part of our application process, please make us aware as soon as possible so we can make the relevant adjustments.
Please also contact us if you require this, or any other document in an alternative format such as large print, braille, audio or easy read.
Telephone: 01926 654630