Graduate Junior Contracts Officer, Capital Delivery
You must have, or be predicted to gain, a 2:2 degree classification or above in the one of the following subjects: Quantity Surveying, Finance, Engineering, Business Management, Law, Management Accounting, Maths or Physics degree.
To apply for this role, you must hold a valid full UK car driving licence.
This programme consists of rotational placements and therefore you must be willing to relocate as and when the programme requires.
About the Role
When you join the Capital Delivery Gas & ISS team, you will work closely with the delivery teams, regularly travelling to sites to support the site based teams delivering the work. What work you ask? Let us tell you; you’ll be responsible for the management of the contracts post-award, ensuring we receive value for money and outperform the standards set by our new regulatory framework, RIIO (Revenue – Incentives + Innovation + Outputs).
The Gas Transmission Contracts function will be faced with some challenges in 2019/2020 and beyond, you will be involved in significant contract management tasks, adding continual improvements to the function. So, if you’re looking for a graduate role where every day is different and you enjoy that feeling of satisfaction when you deliver a successful project and have a good end product, it sounds like this graduate role would be an ideal place to start your career.
Key Tasks and Areas of Work
As a graduate in the Contracts Gas & ISS Contracts team you will be involved in:
- The building and development of a high performing team.
- Monitoring of contract performance and identify areas for improvement
- The development and application of contract management processes, looking at everything from contract compliance and cost management to contract administration, to make sure we get value for money.
- Support the Contract Team Manager with the contractual interfaces within Construction Delivery.
- Support cost, finance and contract management processes and ensure they are adhered to and ensuringcontractual compliance. This may include involvement in contractual processes such as compensation events, payment, defects.
- Opportunity to be involved in the development and improvement of new and existing business processes and procedures to support National Grid’s culture for contract excellence within the areas of Gas Tx and ISS.
- Support the development, challenge and review of Gas Tx and ISS suppliers to ensure performance of required contractual deliverables and delivering value for money.
- Support ongoing implementation and use of Conject into the Gas Transmission and ISS contracts team. The implementations activities may include communications, process reviews, testing and training activities.
This is a unique opportunity to develop your stakeholder management and contract management skills; both vital in a successful leader.
In Capital Delivery, we are committed to the personal development of our staff. Joining us, you’ll be supported as you develop a wide range of leadership, business and technical skills through structured training and on the-job experience. And you’ll work closely with your line manager to establish and navigate through a Personal Development Plan that is tailored to your needs.
Disabilities and Reasonable Adjustments
If you consider yourself to have a disability, long term health condition and/or require any reasonable adjustments to complete any part of our application process, please make us aware as soon as possible so we can make the relevant adjustments.
Please also contact us if you require this, or any other document in an alternative format such as large print, braille, audio or easy read.