Graduate Project Management Officer, Capital Delivery
- You must have, or be predicted to gain, a 2:2 degree classification or above in the one of the following subjects: Business Management, Change Management, Finance, Business related or Engineering with Project Management degree.
- To apply for this role, you must hold a valid full UK car driving licence.
- This programme consists of rotational placements and therefore you must be willing to relocate as and when the programme requires.
About the Role
Is Project Management your arena? Do you find yourself researching and investigating into most of the work you get involved in, as well as being up to date or in the know of innovative new techniques and technologies? Yes?
Then you’ll certainly be interested in supporting our Gas or Electricity construction and Project Controls teams.
Developing your commercial and technical understanding of delivering new National Grid assets during the 18month programme, and engaging with the project design and delivery teams to deliver a range of Capital Delivery projects.
Some of our largest projects are waiting in the pipeline for you to be a part of. You’ll be out and about visiting many of our sites to understand how construction projects are carried out, and to evaluate potential hazards and risks which the delivery team may encounter along the way.
Key Tasks and Areas of Work
As a member of either the Gas, Electricity or Project Controls team, you will work with experienced Project Manager’s and Engineers and will gain experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- The safe and efficient delivery of all projects within a challenging construction environment
- Support the Project Manager in ensuring they deliver their projects to time, quality and cost.
- Commercial, contractual and financial management experience throughout end to end project lifecycle
- The independent assurance and delivery of safe, efficient and innovative design solutions that are compliant with National Grid policies, specifications and procedures
- The provision of project management support throughout the lifecycle of a project - and the development and update of National Grid polices, specifications and procedures
- Project Quality Assurance and the development and maintenance of the Quality Management System – and implementing it throughout the lifecycle of projects
- On site you will have the opportunity to monitor the contractors site activities to ensure compliance with National Grid’s Safety, Health & Sustainability (SHS) standards, Health & Safety legislation, Environmental
- legislation and CDM regulations.
This is a unique opportunity to develop your project management, stakeholder management and contract management skills; all vital in a successful Project Manager.
In Capital Delivery, we are committed to the personal development of our staff. Joining us, you’ll be supported as you develop a wide range of leadership, business and technical skills through structured training and on the-job experience. And you’ll work closely with your line manager to establish and navigate through a Personal Development Plan that is tailored to your needs.
Disabilities and Reasonable Adjustments
If you consider yourself to have a disability, long term health condition and/or require any reasonable adjustments to complete any part of our application process, please make us aware as soon as possible so we can make the relevant adjustments.
Please also contact us if you require this, or any other document in an alternative format such as large print, braille, audio or easy read.