Graduate Development Programme (Future Business Leaders Stream)
We are resourcing the world. We manufacture green products and green energy using waste, waste water and wasted heat as a resource mine. We provide tailored solutions for industry or municipalities to help them save and preserve resources. We are working hard to create a future in which end-of-life resources are transformed into products that enrich our lives and can power our homes and industry. The circular economy already represents 20% of our turnover and we are constantly developing innovative ways to develop access to, preserve and replenish resources. To achieve our vision; we focus on creating a team with a diverse range of talent that operates in a safe, innovative and sustainable environment in order to promote the green economy and build new markets.
About the role
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a graduate to be placed in two of our commercial depot in the Midlands region, as part of the Graduate Development Programme on the Future Business Leaders Stream. The successful candidate will gain knowledge first hand of how a depot operates in terms of efficiency, compliance and customer service in line with company policies and procedures. They will train as a traffic controller, spending 1 year on placement at our Birmingham depot and one year with our Derby depot; with the view to progress to a Depot Manager role in the future.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring compliance with all Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Assisting in organisation of vehicle routing in the most efficient way
- Overseeing the day to day running of the traffic office
- Ensuring compliance with the Analogue and Digital Tachograph procedure.
- Assisting in delivery of excellent customer service.
- Opportunity to work towards CPC
About your Development
As part of the Graduate Development Programme, you will go through a structured management development programme, undertaking leadership and management modules with your graduate cohort.
About your Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in any discipline (2:1 minimum by September 2019)
- Computer literate
- Strong communication skills
- Proactive and self-motivating
- Ability to deal with stakeholders of all types, internal and external to Veolia.
- Full UK driving licence
You need to be eligible to work in the UK without restriction (we are unable to provide sponsorship for graduate roles) and be able to take up permanent employment with the company. You’ll also need a full driving license. During the recruitment process you’ll be required to provide original documentation.
Veolia supports the principle of Equality & Diversity in employment and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination.