My client is a business-solutions company focused on supporting the needs of the sales and marketing function of the automotive industry. They leverage data led solutions and consultancy to help their client sell vehicles, improve profitability and increase customer loyalty. In order to do that they help solve difficult challenges including planning an optimal dealership network, improving individual dealer performance and efficiently converting sales leads into sales. In a sense, they solve practical client business challenges via a scientific methodology.
I am now recruiting a Graduate Data Analyst to work on a project team of a major automotive client. This would be a great role for either a graduate with commercial data and SQL experience, or a data analyst with at least twelve months commercial experience looking to move into a business with a varied style of work with long term career opportunities. You will receive a salary of £26,000 + benefits for this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning, organising, developing and delivering client-requested reports, deliverables and projects on time, adhering to client requested specifications.
- Manipulating and querying client databases, ensuring accurate and high quality client deliverables.
- Performing market analysis, retail network planning studies and ad-hoc consultancy projects.
- Developing relationships with the client in order to assist in long-term business development.
- Assuming responsibility for accurate and high quality data being utilized on assigned projects.
- Ability to identify potential new sales and business development opportunities from the client and proactively communicate those opportunities to management is required.
- Accurately performing application testing functions associated with the development of custom client software.
- Monitoring, updating and maintaining Urban Science internal software systems.
- Coordinating with individuals or teams to complete analysis, tasks and projects on time and with high quality, attend and document project meetings.
Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree - Preferred degrees include mathematics, statistics, finance, numerate sciences and IT
- Twelve months commercial experience in a professional role
- Maths & Statistics: Preferred knowledge of basic descriptive statistics and ability to select and apply the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem.
- Good knowledge of Excel and SQL
- Good relationship building skills both with internal colleagues as well as client contacts
- Written and oral communication skills at a high level
- Excellent presentation skills
- Analytical thinking and a high level of accuracy
- Able to take initiative as well as being results focused
Interested? Please send me your CV and a cover letter explaining your motivation for this role.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!