Design Surveyor - Niche Firm
My client is a leading supplier of bespoke made timber windows and doors to period properties. They operate in the London area and are very focused on the quality, high end of their market. Their windows are made to specification in a variety of styles and create interesting living and entertaining spaces. They have a strong ethos of excellence in their business and "being the best", as it’s a niche industry this is very important.
I am recruiting an experienced design surveyor to work from their offices and showroom in South West London. The surveying team has a full role within the business with many responsibilities. A design surveyor takes the businesses orders from the point of sale through manufacture. The quality and carpentry is extremely important to the business and it is equally important that a design surveyor has a good eye for detail and design, but also able to do their part in keeping clients happy with the design and overall service. Communication is also very important in this role. You need to be able to understand a written brief quickly, as well as verbally able to ask the right questions in a consultative way to understand what is important in the way the customer’s windows or doors are designed and produced.
- Carrying out technical surveys; recording precise measurements of existing windows and doors, taking photographs, performing risk assessments etc.
- Producing manufacturing drawings including getting approvals from clients
- Communicating with factory to confirm details and maintain accuracy
- Briefing our installations teams on each project prior to fitting
- Liaising with the other departments to ensure feasibility of work, accuracy of pricing and customer satisfaction
- Keep management informed by reporting on activity, challenges and results
- Contribute to product, service & business development
- High level of verbal and written communication skills
- 3-5 years’ experience in a professional role including direct work to clients
- Significant design experience, ideally including Autocad
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong self-motivation and determination to succeed
- Ability to work independently
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject.
- Experience with a very high end product or service is ideal
Interested? When applying please include a cover note detailing your motivation to apply and salary expectations along with a copy of your CV.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!