Sales Support Executive
My client is an independent finance provider dedicated to high value vehicle finance for supercars, luxury cars and classic cars to private individuals and businesses. They offer a number of financial options for those wanting to purchase these vehicles including hire, lease, equity release and bespoke credit assessment. One key criteria in their work is that they holistically evaluate finance applicants rather than doing a tick box high street approach, whilst upholding due diligence. They are quite a young business, now four years old, but still growing quickly and have increased their turnover consistently over the last few years.
The types of cars being financed vary significantly, but typical vehicles include Aston Martin, Lamborghini, Bentley and Maserati. Loan values are serious, and vary but are between £25,000 and £1 million. The firm have strong relationships with automotive manufacturers including exclusive finance relationships, as well as close relationships with auction houses, brokerages and speciality dealerships. The firm have built this within four years, not just by networking and connections, but hard work, high focus on service, and innovative but honest financing that meets customer needs.
I am now recruiting for a sales support executive to join their sales support team. This is a great opportunity to build a career in the financial services industry. Your work is across the sales process. It includes everything from handling incoming sales enquiries over the phone and email to supporting the senior sales team members in high value loan assessment and processing. A proportion of the work is with brokerages and other “introducers” and as these are ongoing relationships an ability to build rapport and provide an ongoing strong service is paramount. As the business’ proposition emphasises holistic finance and credit, ability to understand financial and accounting terminology and concepts and quickly apply in a practical context is important.
The role does not include outbound sales.
You will need to be a graduate with a numerate or business degree with a strong history of academic achievement. You will need to work accurately yet practically, plus able to work well in a team as well as on your own initiative. Although this is a graduate role the firm do need to see previous work experience, ideally within finance or account management, but we are open minded as to how it could look.
Although the business needs someone who picks things up quickly, full training is provided with a team around you for development support. In their industry, and especially being a young growing business, people and relationships are everything, and as such they place a high value on developing their people. Progression is excellent. People typically will work in sales support for twelve to eighteen months and then either progress upwards or move into another area of the business. This could include a more senior role within sales support, or a move into business development, marketing, credit or accountancy.
- Responding to and converting inbound telephone and web sales enquiries.
- Consultative approach including questioning and assessment of client needs and wants. Developing tailored finance solutions to meet client requirements and providing relevant useful advice where appropriate.
- Supporting sales team with documentation where required.
- Building and maintaining relationships with external brokers and dealers. Able to maintain professionalism as well as rapport.
- Accurate and timely processing of finance agreement documentation. Both initial production and management.
- Liaising with end customers in a personal yet effective way.
- Prioritising workload and able to manage concurrent demands on time.
- Ad hoc administrative and other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a numerate or business course.
- At least twelve month’s work experience. Preferably within the financial arena or account management.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent communicator, verbal and written.
- Places a high value on customer service.
- Show initiative to work independently as well as in a team.
- Interest in automotive and specifically supercars, luxury cars or classic cars is a big plus. Not everyone on the team is a motorhead, but quite a few are!
Interested? Please apply with a cover note explaining your motivation for this role.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!