Graduate Clinical Study Support Executive
My client is a software and solutions business that operates within the healthcare market. Founded just 5 years ago they have already become the UK’s leading provider of technology-driven patient recruitment and real-world evidence solutions. This is shown through their impressive client base of global top-10 pharma companies and clinical research organisations.
Patient recruitment for clinical trials has long been the weak link in developing new treatments. Over 80% of clinical trials fail to meet their patient recruitment targets. The business has developed an end-to-end solution for patient recruitment from the insights they have gained from being at the ‘sharp-end’ of clinical studies. They are able to offer clients solutions for difficulties faced in patient recruitment feasibility, calling and screening and real-world evidence studies.
Their software enables them to preform targeted Electronic Health Record (EHR) searches at selected sites so that they are able to advise their clients as to whether the patient populations exist in the location they are looking to carry out the study. This helps clients to get the right patients onto screening quickly and cost effectively. Collecting real-world data through studies and database projects in a way that generates meaningful evidence is complex and full of potential pitfalls. They are able to create bespoke solutions to support their client’s pharmaceutical products whilst implementing and supporting evidence based studies and database products.
I am now looking to recruit two graduates who are interested in an exciting challenge supporting cutting edge clinical research as clinical study support executives. Executives work on the study support team whose main responsibility is the initial engagement with NHS sites across the UK. You would be expected to research, identify and contact NHS sites, for example clinics and GPs, to gain consent for use of their patient data, get them involved in upcoming studies, develop relationships, and put contracts in place for you to be able to perform searches on patient records. You would also be responsible for managing active sites to process new patient recruitment studies and maintain good relationships with stakeholders.
- Working with and building a network of GP practices and clinics across the UK to participate in research studies covering a wide range of diseases and illnesses
- Managing the project lifecycle, engaging key stakeholders and delivering a successful outcome that meets the requirements of the project
- Liaising with GP practice management staff to assist them in all aspects of the participation process
- Creating data confidentiality agreements
- Carrying out administrative duties and managing sensitive patient information
- Proof-reading and reviewing company Statements of Purpose
- Assisting the study support team in handling incoming patient queries
We are looking for hard-working, bright and confident individuals who have a self-starting mind-set required to thrive in such an environment and help support their growth. Prior experience in a similar role would be an advantage but what’s more important is your ability to quickly explain a concept, process and the benefits of what the other party will get in return.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in bio-medical or health-related sciences
- Genuine interest in the healthcare industry
- Confident on the telephone, with a positive outlook
- The ability to direct a conversation and be persuasive
- Collaborative team player with the ability to work independently
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
Helpful but not essential
- Work experience in sales or similar
- A proven track record of success
- Experience with or exposure to clinical research trials from studies or work
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!