Graduate Applications Engineer- German Speaking
My client is a leading producer of optics, imaging, and photonics technology. They supply precision optics and optical components to pharmaceutical, biomedical, and military markets in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Their products are used in a variety of applications ranging from DNA sequencing to retinal eye scanning to high-speed factory automation. Their state of the art manufacturing capabilities combined with their global distribution network has earned them the position of the world's largest supplier of off-the-shelf optical components.
They are application focused and are always looking for new ways to implement optical technology, enabling advancements in industrial metrology, semiconductor manufacturing, life sciences, and much more.
We are now looking to grow the applications team and are recruiting graduates with an aptitude for technology and the ability to speak German/French/Russian/Italian/Spanish as well as English to a fluent/native level.
The role would involve working closely with customers providing technical support. This would involve assisting with technical queries relating to a piece of equipment or an application, providing technical support for those who have usability problems or technical issues, giving advice to customers on product selection as well as proposing quotes for new applications and providing information on existing orders on low and high volume business. This will predominantly be done via phone and email but as the role progresses you may be asked to attend trade shows and have the opportunity to go on visits with the field sales team.
On joining the business you will work closely with the product support manager and the rest of the applications team as you grow your knowledge in optics and applications. There is a lot to learn from the role and you will be supported by your team as you start to build your knowledge and technical abilities.
- Responding to technical queries
- Providing technical information
- Assisting customers with product selection
- Handling incoming customer inquiries for modified or custom optics, with the use of the RFQ tool and CRM
- Participating in projects to support Marketing & Sales
- Opportunity to write technical articles for publication on the website as well as magazine partners
- Complying with all national and company policies, procedures, and regulations
We are looking for candidates who have an aptitude for technology. You don’t need to have a background in optics as long as you have a willingness to learn. The role is customer focused so strong communication skills are paramount.
- Educated to a degree level in science, engineering or related
- Fully business proficient in both English and German
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an active listener
- Exceptional problem solving and decision making abilities
- Ability to analyse data an information
- Strong decision making abilities
- Ability to provide technical support
- Helpful but not essential requirements
- Knowledge of optics