Graduate Marketing Executive
My client is a small specialist business that designs, develops and manufactures the physical electronics as well as the software applications and FPGAs for automated electronic testing tools. The automated testing tools are used in large data storage centres and facilities, testing that their power levels and other measurables indicating potential faults are in the correct parameters for operation. Their clients typically own and operate large servers both in the UK and abroad where security, reliability and speed of access are highly important for their business to run. The end clients are varied, but can be internet businesses, electronics manufacturers as well as specialist data centres and data management businesses. The capabilities of the test products are best in class and can test the properties of data storage units or servers more reliably and quickly than most other automated test methods, let alone manual tests. They are innovative in their field, being the first to develop fully functional “hot-plug testing”, which can be crucial when you are running an internet service used by millions of users but need to test. Another innovation is simultaneous multi-device testing which is very important and practical with complex systems.
I am now recruiting for a Graduate Marketing Executive to join their operational team. It’s a new role within the business and will basically be taking ownership of the existing marketing programme of the business and refining and developing it. Currently the business do a variety of marketing work through search, email, trade shows, video and content on their own website. The role will be taking over this activity and also conducting an evaluation of the activity and building a plan to improve upon it. It’s a fairly exciting time, in 2019 they are in the process of releasing two new products, both covering brand new ground in the electronics technology used to test data centres and storage. Although we don’t need to see exposure to electronics previously we do need someone who is capable of understanding the basics of their technology and that of their competitors, how it works and why it is used as there is content writing as part of the role.
We are looking for a versatile person that can both deploy marketing, maximise ROI on any investments as well as bring to life the electronics technology with interesting and relevant content and communications. There will also be some opportunity to do design work for web, email and other materials.
- Evaluation and development of the marketing plan of the business.
- Collating product specifications, capabilities and applications and using to produce interesting and understandable marketing material.
- Promotion of brand within the data storage industry.
- Support to directors where needed with business development, including booking and organisation of trade show attendance and materials.
- Web content – creation of written content and updating of website using a Drupal system.
- Management of company’s social media presence
- Email marketing
- Analysis of performance of all marketing initiatives in a structured way.
You must have:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in marketing, business or a course with significant marketing modules and content.
- 3-12 month’s experience working in a professional marketing environment (can be as an undergraduate or postgraduate).
- Experience of analysis of marketing activity and reporting on results. Exposure to tools like Google Analytics are a plus.
- Content writing experience.
- Some experience with either social media marketing or email marketing, ideally both.
- Video and graphic design experience is a plus.
- Some exposure or understanding of basic electronics could be advantageous, though not essential.
- Able to balance competing deadlines and manage your own time.
In return the business has strong training and development for graduates. All graduates have a training plan which is adhered to and the business will sponsor towards courses or classes that will aid in your professional and career development.
Interested? Please send your CV and a cover note explaining how your marketing experience could be developed in this role after clicking the apply button below.