Graduate software Engineer- Stockley Park
If you answered yes to the above, then we would love to hear from you!
As a Graduate Software Developer you will be joining our team in Stockley Park, This is a Full time, permanent contract where you will be trained and responsible for the following:
- Carrying out enhancements to existing applications
- Developing and implement new applications
- Analysing functional requirements
- Understanding technical architecture of applications
- Creating low level design for intended functionality
- Enhancing or developing the functionality
- Being involved in Test and deploy
- Updating knowledge management procedures and handbooks
You’ll have the following skills and attributes:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 2:1 or equivalent in computer science related subject
- Some knowledge on web technologies such as Java, AngularJS, NodeJS
- Familiarity on database technologies such as SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB and methodologies such as Scrum , Kanban, TDD, DevOps
- High levels of Resourcefulness
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, logical and problem solving skills
Your work location:
You will be based in Stockley Park, UK for the duration of this contract[AE1] .
What’s in it for you?
- Hands on experience in a prestigious and global firm working on an exciting project
- Gaining valuable and transferrable industry experience in the technology sector
- Exposure to internal and client stakeholders[AE2]
- Dedicated HR business partner and Buddy scheme to help you settle in and grow
- Comprehensive induction as well as ongoing training to support you in your role
- Private medical insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee discount scheme
- Employee pensions
- Maitree: Our internal volunteering and social network allowing you to take at least one paid volunteering day per year, as well as take part in social networks,
- Health and wellness initiatives such as fit4life and purpose4life internal sports events, we also sponsor Marathons internationally
- Access to online training materials 24/7 including Lynda.com
- Corporate social responsibility: including TCS Mentors
- Initiatives in mental health, LGBTQ among other diversity and inclusion awareness and support
Application hints and tips:
Our process is in 3 stages:
- First round: competency based interview. You can prepare by ensuring you are familiar with your CV and can match your skills and experience to the role you have applied for. This can be anything from school or university projects, extracurricular activities or internship and work experience.
- Second round: Technical interview and culture fit. You can prepare by ensuring you have researched TCS company profile, mission and current projects. Familiarise yourself with our culture and other initiatives through our website, as well as social media, jobsite profile, and news articles. Here we are looking to assess your alignment to joining our wider team, both in terms of your technical skills as well as interpersonal and career aspirations.