Graduate UX Designer
As a Graduate UX designer, you will be joining our West London office. You'll be a part of our SWAT team, working with Service/UX Designers, Full-stack Developers and Business Developers as well as internal Account Managers/Stakeholders to design test innovative ideas. TCS is huge and the SWAT Team is more like a Start-up part of it, so be ready to do a lot of different things at the same time and FAST. This is a permanent role where you will be trained and responsible for the following:
Producing innovative and inspiring client outcomes with a strong understanding of the end to end UX design process and be open to continually learn new digital technologies.
Understand and practise UX design methodology from User Interviews through to user journeys, Story boards, wire-framing and website development
Using visual design software to produce deliverables - we work with Axure mainly to show workable prototypes to clients and to communicate functionalities to developers easily and fast
You’ll have the following skills and attributes:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 2:1 or equivalent in technology or digital design or related fields
- Be proactive and self-driven, thriving for excellence
- Willing to learn and grow
- A keen business mind-set focused on Value Proposition
- Some understanding of web technologies such as HTML and CSS
- Presentation skills as well as sales experience will be highly advantageous
Your work location:
You will be based in London, UK for the duration of this contract.
What’s in it for you?
- Hands on experience in a prestigious and global firm working on an exciting project
- Gaining valuable and transferrable industry experience in the technology sector
- Exposure to internal and client stakeholders
- Dedicated HR business partner and Buddy scheme to help you settle in and grow
- Comprehensive induction as well as ongoing training to support you in your role
- Private medical insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee discount scheme
- Employee pensions
- Maitree: Our internal volunteering and social network allowing you to take at least one paid volunteering day per year, as well as take part in social networks,
- Health and wellness initiatives such as fit4life and purpose4life internal sports events, we also sponsor Marathons internationally
- Access to online training materials 24/7 including Lynda.com
- Corporate social responsibility: including TCS Mentors
- Initiatives in mental health, LGBTQ among other diversity and inclusion awareness and support
Application hints and tips:
Our process is in 3 stages:
- First round: competency based interview. You can prepare by ensuring you are familiar with your CV and can match your skills and experience to the role you have applied for. This can be anything from school or university projects, extracurricular activities or internship and work experience.
- Second round: Technical interview and culture fit. You can prepare by ensuring you have researched TCS company profile, mission and current projects. Familiarise yourself with our culture and other initiatives through our website, as well as social media, jobsite profile, and news articles. Here we are looking to assess your alignment to joining our wider team, both in terms of your technical skills as well as interpersonal and career aspirations.
- Final interview: HR interview. This is your opportunity to show your passion for joining TCS, as well as discussing what you can expect from us in your role. You can prepare questions you’d like to ask in advance of the call.