Junior Test Engineer
- Are you a graduate with a passion for delivering excellence?
- Do you enjoy problem solving and have an analytical mindset?
- Do you enjoy working in a fast paced environment?
- Are you looking to kick-start your career in Software Testing?
- Are you available to start your role by July 2019?
If you answered yes to the above, then we would love to hear from you!
As a Junior Test Engineer, you will be joining our team in Newcastle. This is a Permanent graduate role. You will be trained and responsible for ensuring that the code quality is delivered without fault and to the highest standard possible. Testers form an integral part of any development team and increasingly leverage new automation technology.
- Select and develop appropriate test automation tools, applying the latest techniques in test automation; e.g., data-driven testing.
- Work with the Development team to capture and reuse automated Unit Test Cases, Test Stubs and Drivers, and other Development test objects.
- Work with the Release team to create and maintain an automated nightly build verification test.
- Ensure proper version control and configuration management of all test objects developed and test environments used.
- Trace test cases and results back to specific quality risks.
- Report defects and assign it to right stakeholders.
Basic knowledge and understanding on C# .Net, Java, PL/SQL etc.
- Ability to understand the Business from an user perspective.
- Ability and passionate of finding defects, Assertive, confident & results-oriented.
- Programming knowledge an advantage.
- Interest in working in teams and being good team player.
- Excellent communication skills in English - both verbal and written.
- Candidate must be hard-working, a go-getter with a positive can-do attitude.
- Candidate should possess excellent learning ability and take up challenges. Be a good team player.
- Good comprehension skills- Ability to clearly understand and state the issues customers present.
- Interest to develop documentation using tools like Microsoft office.
What’s in it for you?
- Hands on experience in a prestigious and global firm working on an exciting project
- Gaining valuable and transferrable industry experience in the technology sector
- Exposure to internal and client stakeholders
- Dedicated HR business partner and Buddy scheme to help you settle in and grow.
- Comprehensive induction as well as ongoing training to support you in your role.
- Private medical insurance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Employee discount scheme.
- Employee pensions.
- Maitree: Our internal volunteering and social network allowing you to take at least one paid volunteering day per year, as well as take part in social networks.
- Health and wellness initiatives such as fit4life and purpose4life internal sports events, we also sponsor Marathons internationally.
- Access to online training materials 24/7 including Lynda.com.
- Corporate social responsibility: including TCS Mentors.
- Initiatives in mental health, LGBTQ among other diversity and inclusion awareness and support.