Graduate Java Developer
As a Graduate Java Developer you will be joining our team in Ipswich, This is a Full time, permanent contract where you will be trained and responsible for the following:
What we are looking for in the candidates for a Graduate Java Developer / Programmer:
- Carry out enhancements to existing applications
- Develop and implement new applications
- Analyse functional requirements
- Understand technical architecture of application
- Create low level design for intended functionality
- Enhance or develop the functionality
- Test and deploy
- Update knowledge management procedures and handbooks
You’ll have the following skills and attributes:
- Understanding of REST/API/Micro services and SOA Architecture patterns#
- Good Programming skills in Java
- Experience in any Micro service development frameworks Spring Boot, Netflix OSS etc.
- Develop new user services/API or enhance/modify existing ones
- Understanding of modern software development processes including Agile, CI, CD etc.
Java, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Tomcat
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Passionate in learning new technologies
Your work location: You will be based in Ipswich, UK for the duration of this contract.
What’s in it for you?
- Hands on experience in a prestigious and global firm working on an exciting project
- Gaining valuable and transferrable industry experience in the technology sector
- Exposure to internal and client stakeholders[AE2]
- Dedicated HR business partner and Buddy scheme to help you settle in and grow
- Comprehensive induction as well as ongoing training to support you in your role
- Private medical insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee discount scheme
- Employee pensions
- Maitree: Our internal volunteering and social network allowing you to take at least one paid volunteering day per year, as well as take part in social networks,
- Health and wellness initiatives such as fit4life and purpose4life internal sports events, we also sponsor Marathons internationally
- Access to online training materials 24/7 including Lynda.com
- Corporate social responsibility: including TCS Mentors
- Initiatives in mental health, LGBTQ among other diversity and inclusion awareness and support.