Strategic Land Graduate Scheme 2018
Taylor Wimpey is offering a carefully selected group of graduates the opportunity to complete their APC within a FTSE 100 business. We have multiple opportunities based across various UK locations.
The scheme will provide a detailed training programme into of the most important aspects of our company - strategic land. The scheme will also offer graduates a strong commercial grounding and an introduction to house building, as well the opportunity to complete their RICS or RTPI chartership under the guidance of our industry experts.
- Our programme is a 2 year scheme, where graduates will gain an in-depth knowledge into strategic land which will include the planning processes behind acquiring land, strategic searching for and procuring new land opportunities, as well as developing a wider understanding of house building and much more.
- Senior leaders within the business will monitor your progress and act as mentors; you will be supported and fully funded in achieving your RICS or RTPI accreditation.
- Each graduate will have the opportunity to spend time in a selection of the Strategic Land regional hubs based in our Business Units across the UK.
- Successful candidates will all attend a 5 day residential induction programme where they will be given the opportunity to learn about the business in more detail, find out more about the 2 year programme and what it will bring as well as get the chance to meet other graduates in their cohort.
- At the end of each rotation, graduates will be given a full review of their performance which will contribute to an overall portfolio of their development.
- Successful graduates will attend a number of Taylor Wimpey ‘Skills Camps’ and development interventions over two years that are designed to improve, amongst other things; commercial awareness, management ability and personal skills. These sessions will also provide an opportunity to hear from Senior Directors and their experiences of working for Taylor Wimpey.
- Graduates will also work on different projects during their 2 years, alongside their fellow graduates. These will include a charity project and an internal business project.
- At the end of the 2 year programme, all successful candidates will be offered a role within the organisation.
- 1st or 2:1 degree – Required
- Graduating with a RICS or RTPI accredited course with one of two specialist skills (planning or surveying) – Required
- Full driving license and access to a car – Required
- Willingness to travel around the UK and are happy to stay away from home for extended periods of time – Required
- Commercial experience or placement year in a land or planning related role - Preferred
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
- Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
- Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
- Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!