General Graduate Scheme 2018
Taylor Wimpey is now recruiting for our 2018 Graduate Programme beginning in September 2018. The scheme aims to provide a carefully selected group of graduates with a strong commercial grounding and an introduction to house building. You will have the opportunity to work across several different business functions and office locations across the UK to gain a full appreciation of the build life cycle, support functions and how Taylor Wimpey delivers one of the most successful business models in the industry.
- Our programme is a 2 year rotational scheme, where you will spend time in all areas of the business including; production, commercial, technical, sales and marketing, customer service, land and finance.
- Rotations will be a minimum of 6 months long and graduates will have the opportunity to spend time in a variety of our 24 regional offices located all across the UK.
- If successful, you will be placed in a designated geographical division with a number of business units within each division. Three out of the four rotations will be within the geographical division and the second placement will be outside of your division.
- Successful candidates will all attend a 5 day residential induction programme where you will be given the opportunity to learn about the business in more detail, find out more about the 2 year programme and what it will bring and also get the chance to meet other Graduates in your cohort.
- At the end of each business rotation, you will be given a full review of your performance which will contribute to an overall portfolio of your development.
- Senior leaders within the business will monitor your progress and you will be supported in achieving professional and/or other appropriate qualifications if required.
- Successful graduates will attend a number of Taylor Wimpey ‘Skills Camps’ that provide ongoing development support over two years. They are designed to improve, amongst other things, your commercial awareness, management ability and personal skills
- You will also work on different projects during the 2 years, alongside your fellow graduates. These will include a charity project and an internal business project.
- At the end of the 2 year programme, all successful candidates will be offered a role within the organisation.
- 1st or 2:1 degree – Required
- Full driving license and access to a car - Required
- Willingness to travel around the UK and are happy to stay away from home for extended periods of time - Required
- Commercial experience or placement within a bluechip organization - Preferred
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
- Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
- Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
- Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!