Management Trainee General
Want the chance to build a hands-on career, make a difference and work with all kinds of people, whilst gaining a really valued qualification? Ever thought about joining the homebuilding industry? Do you simply fancy earning whilst you’re learning?
The scheme aims to develop talented individuals to progress to professional role in one of our 5 core Management Trainee roles (Trainee Site Manager, Trainee Quantity Surveyor, Trainee Buyer, Trainee Design and Planning Executive or Trainee Engineer).
The Management Trainee scheme is an average of 3 years dependant on how you progress to be ready for promotion and when a role at the next level becomes available.
- The first year will be spent in the Business Unit to which you have been assigned where you will spend time in every business function learning the building lifecycle
- You will attend a number of “Skills Camps” with other Management Trainees in your Region which focuses on developing core business and communication skills where you will also meet many of our Senior leaders
- In your second year, you will start to specialise. This is where you will decide which role of the 5 you would like to specialise in.
- You will attend college or university to study a level 4 in Construction in the Built Environment for up to 2 years. This is a foundation degree and will enable you to learn the core components of the Construction Industry
- On completion of the level 4 qualification, you will have the opportunity to go on to study up to degree level in your chosen specialist role. All fully funded and supported by Taylor Wimpey.
You will be assessed over the course of your Management Trainee scheme. Once you are assessed as competent you will be ready to move to an assistant role as and when a role becomes available.
Overnight stays are required occasionally for group training sessions. All expenses will be covered.
- In the first year, you will spend time in every department understand the full build cycle and how our business works.
- In that time, you will have extended time in our Production, Technical and Commercial teams where you will take an active role in supporting those teams with their day to day work to gain experience of each of the roles.
- In your second year, it’s time to decide which role you want to specialise in. This scheme is focused on developing people into one of 5 roles. The role you will specialise in will be decided taking into account your preference and where the business need is.
The 5 roles are:
- Trainee Site Manager
- Trainee Quantity Surveyor
- Trainee Buyer
- Trainee Engineer
- Trainee Design and Planning Executive
- Maths and English GCSE (Grades A*-C or 9-4) preferred
- BTEC Level 3 qualification in Construction and the Built Environment OR ‘A’ or (AS) levels e.g. Maths or Science related subject OR a recognised Advanced Apprenticeship (level 3) programme in a related discipline OR 3 year's work experience in a related industry
- Computer Literacy
- Full driving licence or working towards a licence and access to a car preferred
- In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all of the following
- Credit reference
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!