Our award winning, two-week Insight Programme is your chance to get one step closer to our Leadership Development Programme (LDP).
Insight will help you to develop key employability skills and to road test them in a challenging and supportive environment as you work with young people studying science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) subjects.
You’ll spend the first week of the programme focusing on training and personal development, attending sessions with the Teach First team, our Platinum Partners and a selection of our partner social enterprises. You’ll learn about educational inequality and how to drive your own personal development as you work with our ambassadors – graduates who have completed our two-year Leadership Development Programme – on leadership fundamentals and teaching theory.
During the second week, you will break into smaller groups and spend time in one of our partner schools, observing teaching in practice and delivering your own lesson. You’ll engage with the school’s extra-curricular activities, provide employability coaching to your students and learn more from the Teach First participants and ambassadors working in the school.
Finally you will come back together with your Insight cohort to share your experiences, gain a greater understanding of what educational inequality looks like across the country, and consider how you can continue to develop beyond the Insight Programme.
- Gain the key skills employers look for (teamwork, resilience, communication) and experience of teaching in one of our partner schools
- Opportunity to work with members of our network and develop your skills and professional connections
- Payment of £250 per week plus accommodation
- Deeper understanding of the values and competencies required to progress to the LDP
- Fast-track through initial stages of the application process for our Brand Manager Programme and the LDP (provided you meet the criteria)
To apply for the Insight Programme you’ll need to meet the following requirements:
- Studying for a STEM degree or have achieved A-levels that satisfy our STEM teaching criteria
- Predicted 2:1 degree or higher
- 300 UCAS points, or equivalent (excluding general studies)
- Minimum grade C in GCSE maths and English (or equivalent)
- Be in your penultimate year of an undergraduate degree (or second year if your penultimate year is in industry)
- Have proof that you have the right to remain and work in the UK for the duration of the programme
- Do not already have an offer for the LDP
Our Insight Programme runs in the spring and summer of 2017:
- 28 March - 7 April
- 6 June - 16 June
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!