Our award-winning Insight Programme will help you develop key employability skills and give you the opportunity to inspire young people by teaching a lesson at one of our partner schools. What’s more, you could finish the two-week internship with an offer for our Leadership Development Programme.
You’ll spend the first week of our Insight Programme in London focusing on training and personal development, attending workshops with our team and some of our charitable and corporate partners. There will be time to discuss the science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) challenge and the impact it’s having in the UK. You'll also get to talk to our ambassadors – those who have completed our graduate programme – and get to know your peers, so that you can start building your Teach First network.
Week two brings an opportunity to experience life on our Leadership Development Programme at any one of our partner schools in England or Wales, where you’ll deliver a lesson in your specialist STEM subject. While in school, you may also get involved in a number of other activities such as after school clubs, formal or informal pupil coaching, or talk to pupils about your experience of going to university.
By the end of the two weeks you’ll have developed skills that align with our Leadership Development Programme, including resilience, leadership and teamwork. At the end of Insight you'll take part in a reduced assessment for our Leadership Development Programme and, if successful, you will be made an offer to join our 2020 programme to teach a STEM subject in one of our secondary schools.
Candidates that perform exceptionally well at the Insight assessment centre could be made a dual offer for our Insight Programme in 2019 and a conditional offer for our Leadership Development Programme in 2020.
- Observe teaching techniques in action and find out what it’s really like in the classroom.
- Understand the inequalities in our education system, and why we need more STEM teachers
- Take part in a reduced assessment for our graduate Leadership Development Programme
- Develop skills in public speaking, teamwork, time management and decision-making.
- Receive £250 per week (travel costs are also covered)
- Guaranteed attendance at an assessment centre for our Brand Manager Programme (provided you meet the criteria).
We are open for applications for our Insight Programme in spring and summer:
- 26 March - 5 April 2019
- 11 - 21 June 2019
The deadline for applying for either the spring or summer programme is 9 December 2018.