School Direct Initial Teacher Training with QTS PgCert
Take the Salaried School Direct route into teaching with Liverpool John Moores University and gain Qualified Teacher Status for primary or secondary level. This school-centric programme funds your teacher training and pays a salary.
- Earn whilst you learn on this school-centric initial teacher training programme
- Train to teach from within a school setting and be involved in school life from the first day of term
- Follow a curriculum developed and delivered in partnership with outstanding local schools
- Learn from expert teachers
- Prepare for a career as an innovative and creative teacher in an excellent school
School Direct is a route into teaching featuring a school-centred approach. As a School Direct (salaried) trainee, you will be employed in a school while you train and will receive a salary from your school (the amount paid is linked to the unqualified teacher pay scale which may be enhanced by schools for some subject areas). The school will also cover the cost of your training to become a qualified teacher.
As this is a postgraduate course, you should expect to undertake a significant amount of independent study and preparation, not only to support your course assignments, but also your school-based work. This intense programme is tightly focused on providing you with the skills and knowledge required. Tutorial support is an important part of the process and you will receive a personalised service that will enable you to set targets and achieve to your highest potential.
Your personal tutor will meet with you formally six times a year to monitor your progress, provide guidance and advice and set targets for your development.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!