School Direct Primary Initial Teacher Training with QTS
Take the School Direct route into primary teaching with Liverpool John Moores University and gain Qualified Teacher Status. This school-centric teacher training programme offers invaluable classroom experience.
- Train to teach from within a school setting and be involved in school life from the first day of term
- Follow a curriculum developed and delivered in partnership with outstanding local schools
- Learn from expert teachers
- Prepare for a career as an innovative and creative teacher in one of Merseyside’s excellent schools
School Direct (Tuition fee) PGCE students will study:
- Developing Reflective Professional Practice
- Learning Teaching and Assessment in the Primary Core Curriculum
- Pedagogy in the Foundation Subjects OR Pedagogy in Mathematics OR Pedagogy in Physical Education OR Pedagogy in the Foundation Stage
School Direct (Tuition fee) PGDE students will also study:
- Pedagogy in Practice
- Professional Practice
The course is delivered through a variety of teaching methods including lectures, seminars, interactive workshops, group discussion and reflection, problem solving and micro-teaching. We also make full use of BlackBoard, the University’s Virtual Learning Environment.
A variety of assessment methods are used during the course including:critical reflections on practice, literature review, small scale research projects and design and analysis of learning experiences.
During your training, you will monitor your progression towards achieving Qualified Teachers Status (QTS) and will need to maintain an appropriate professional development portfolio to support this.
A final assessment will be based on observation of your teaching practice and the evidence base that you develop during training.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!