Data Scientist / Software Developer - Warrington
Tessella is a global analytics and data science consulting services company that works with some of the world’s leading organisations in pharmaceuticals, energy, consumer goods and the public sector. We are scientists and engineers who enjoy solving complex, real-world problems that call upon our deep domain knowledge and technical expertise. We are seeking a talented Data Scientist / Software Developer to join us and add real value to our clients by helping to solve the difficult and challenging problems they face.
The services we offer clients include data analytics, informatics expertise and scientific software engineering. We are seeking an exceptional individual to join us and work across all of these areas on exciting projects for our illustrious customers. Projects are varied and challenging and can span a range of activities including:
- Working closely with our customers to help identify and define their requirements.
- Helping our customers understand and make use of their data to improve their processes and inform their decision making.
- Designing and developing tailor made software solutions or tools, being involved in all stages of the software development lifecycle.
A career at Tessella offers a unique opportunity to combine data analytics, domain knowledge and technical skills. To succeed in this role, you should have:
- BSc, MSc or PhD in any science, mathematics or engineering discipline.
- Software development experience in one or more of the following: Java, Python, C, C#, C++, R, Matlab.
- An understanding of big/complex data and the ability to interpret large volumes of data in order to draw conclusions using a wide variety of statistical and machine learning techniques.
- The eagerness and capacity to quickly learn new domains and technologies and apply your skills to unsolved challenges.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to explain complex technical solutions to customers and colleagues from all backgrounds.
- While not essential, any experience with data analysis tools such as Hadoop or Spotfire would be an advantage.
What We Offer
From growing your technical abilities to developing leadership skills, we offer tailored career development based on your aspirations. This is supported by our industry-leading training package – all of our staff have an annual training allowance of 150 hours, which can be used to learn new technologies, develop soft skills or earn recognised professional qualifications.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!