Project Planning and Sales Operations Coordinator
About Textron Specialized Vehicles
Textron Specialized Vehicles Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of golf cars, utility and personal transportation vehicles, and ground support equipment. Textron Specialized Vehicles markets products under the E-Z-GO®, Cushman®, Bad Boy®, TUG™ and Douglas™ brands; Its vehicles are found in environments ranging from golf courses to factories, airports to planned communities, and theme parks to hunting preserves.
About Textron Inc.
Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, Textron Systems, and TRU Simulation + Training.
Textron Ground Support Equipment Ltd are seeking a Project Planning and Sales Operations Coordinator, who is immediately available, to join their operations in Cheltenham. The position is critical to ensuring the Sales and Operations success for the Ground Support Equipment business in Europe. The successful individual will work cross-functionally to manage the sales process from order quoting to product delivery. This is a global role.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Quoting and Purchase Order Support
- Serving as the support team for an International Sales Department;
- Work cross-functionally with scheduling, purchasing, production, engineering and sales to provide quotes and purchase orders to the customer;
- Ensure purchase orders are in the ERP system and work with production on any changes to the schedule;
- Provide production updates to the Sales team;
- Monitor and maintain contracts;
- Maintain filing for the Sales Department of customer correspondence and purchase order paperwork through the manufacturing process;
- Write order confirmations to customers confirming specifications per company standards;
- Track orders from beginning to customer receipt and satisfaction (or otherwise) via the sales department system.
- Coordinate the shipment of customer equipment between customer/company/ transportation carrier.
- Understand the market, customers and equipment;
- Coordinate the handling of customer requests and customer visits;
- Special reports and projects as needed;
- Rental and demonstration coordination.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline, including Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain, Business Management etc.;
- Strong communication skills including email and telephone;
- Excellent computer skills, and proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint etc);
- Conversance with ERP systems is advantageous;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills;
- Technical knowledge is advantageous;
- Experience of customer interaction is desirable.