Human Resources Industrial Placement
About Textron Specialized Vehicles
Textron Specialized Vehicles Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of golf cars, utility and personal transportation vehicles, and ground support equipment. Textron Specialized Vehicles markets products under the E-Z-GO®, Cushman®, Bad Boy®, TUG™ and Douglas™ brands; Its vehicles are found in environments ranging from golf courses to factories, airports to planned communities, and theme parks to hunting preserves.
About Textron Inc.
Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, Textron Systems, and TRU Simulation + Training.
The Human Resources Industrial Placement role is one of constant demand and changing priorities. Our Human Resources Department actively supports approximately 300 employees in Ipswich, and a number of other locations globally. We are looking for a student who can demonstrate a really strong desire to succeed in a Human Resources environment. The candidate must be a confident and forward-thinking individual who wishes to learn and develop with an international business.
The projects/tasks will be varied, allowing you to gain a broad understanding of the business function. They will include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the HR team in the day-to-day operation of the department;
- Involvement with the recruitment and induction of new employees;
- Keeping up to date with changes in UK Employment Law and assisting in the development of new policies and procedures to adhere to new developments;
- To be conversant with Textron systems, in particular Taleo and Peoplesoft;
- To develop and maintain employee training and development systems;
- To update HR procedures on the Integrated Management System (IMS);
- Assist with University Relations and school industry links/work placements/apprenticeships;
- Conducting exit interviews;
- Assisting with the maintenance of the Company’s time and attendance system;
- General administrative duties within the department;
- Taking on specific projects as requested;
- Other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications/Education/Skills Requirements:
- You should be enrolled onto a HR, Economics, Psychology, or Business Management sandwich degree;
- You should have a minimum of 4 GCSE’s at grade C or above, including English and Maths;
- Prior internships/ work experience in a HR environment is advantageous, but is not essential;
- You should be a confident individual with excellent communication skills;
- High personal integrity and confidentiality is essential for the role;
- You should be self-motivated and customer oriented;
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills are required.