We offer graduates the opportunity to be involved in roles at all stages of the Development Cycle. You will gain experience and exposure in all areas of the business completing placements of around a month in all the major departments before completing your two year programme in your home department. Throughout the scheme, you can expect to gain real hands-on experience on our cutting edge projects while being supported and nurtured by market leading experts.
The Berkeley Programme includes:
- Induction Weeks: The scheme starts with a two week induction giving graduates a good understanding of the Berkeley Group. You will be exposed to the different Divisions and departments allowing you to network with staff from all areas of the business. Scheme participants will visit a number of Berkeley developments, both inner and outer London, to understand the magnitude of the developments we build.
- Professional Development: The Berkeley Group is committed to training and developing their people. Structured programmes are in place to enable staff to become accredited to relevant and recognised industry bodies, RICS and CIOB.
- Training: You will be invited to attend a number of training events over the two years and will work on group projects as set by Directors
- Mentors: Graduates are vital to the success of the business and you will be provided with a mentor from the business to support you throughout your career. In addition to your mentor you will be supported by Directors from your Division.
- Buddies: All graduates will be paired up with a graduate already on the graduate scheme, to provide support and answer any questions they have about the scheme.
- The Berkeley Foundation: You will spend two weeks volunteering with the Berkeley Foundation, gaining an introduction to the valuable work done by the charity and an understanding of the importance the
- Foundation plays in the business. In addition you will volunteer at events organised by the Foundation, events include: The Lord’s Taverners Disability Cricket Championship Awards Evening, Rethinking Homelessness events and Street Elite festivals.
- Sponsored Social Events: We organise social events for Graduates from across the business, enabling you to continue building your networks and remain in contact with fellow graduates.
Who we look for
We seek to recruit the most talented graduates and undergraduates at the very beginning of their careers, to convert academic learning into practical development skills.
We look for people who:
- Demonstrate talent, drive and enthusiasm
- Are confident, articulate, dynamic and commercially aware
- Have a true passion for the industry
- Can quickly develop practical skills and knowledge
We offer graduates opportunities across the entire property development cycle, explore our website to discover more about a graduate career at Berkeley.
Graduates will be offered a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package.
Complete the online application form. Applications for our Land and Planning department close on Friday 30 November 2018, with applications for all other departments closing on Friday 25 January 2019.