Sandwich Student - Junior Graphic Designer
The Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) is one of Europe’s largest research organisations. We’re trusted to support, enable and undertake pioneering projects in an amazing diversity of fields. Through world-class facilities and people, we’re driving ground-breaking advances in science, technology and Engineering.
STFC is one of nine organisations that have been brought together to create UK Research and Innovation (UKRI); a new organisation with a vision to ensure the UK maintains its world-leading position in research and innovation.
Each year we offer opportunities to undergraduate sandwich students to gain practical experience, working alongside technical experts at the forefront of scientific research. We offer an invaluable experience with exposure to world class science and technology, and the opportunity to develop working relationships that continue well after your placement has finished.
You will be working alongside experienced professionals using the latest technology to provide the most responsive, reliable service. From a clear brief we can deliver effective, creative, and understanding solutions on time, within budget.
Services we provide are: Visual Communication /Creative Design, Film Production/Editing, Photography/Onsite Studio, Web Design, Digital Printing, Binding and Finishing, Large Format Printing, Video Conferencing and Lecture Theatre Support.
To be eligible to apply you must:
- be at university, enrolled on an undergraduate degree course and required or have requested to take a year out of studies to gain experience within industry
- have right to live and work in the UK.
As a Junior Creative Designer you will be involved with creating effective creative communications for the Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC). This will include adhering to corporate brand guidelines to maintain and enhance STFC’s reputation to key stakeholders.
- have substantial Creative Artwork experience, strong attention to detail as well as being completely confident in working across both print + digital projects as well as proof of previous studio/production experience
- ensure that all artwork produced is in line with brand guidelines
- be able to handle relationships with suppliers and manage print and other production collateralhave basic knowledge of Adobe CC Suite
- be able to prioritise work load and deliver high quality work on time
- be confident, ambitious, friendly in nature and very much a "people person"
- have experience in using desktop publishing software. Adobe products include: Creative Cloud (CC), Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- have an understanding of the latest trends in creative design and marketing
- possess a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines
- have good accuracy and attention to detail as well as excellent time management and organisational skills
UK Research and Innovation is a new entity that brings together nine partners to create an independent organisation with a strong voice for research and innovation, and a vision to ensure the UK maintains its world-leading position in research and innovation. More information can be found at www.ukri.org.
The Science and Technology Facilities Council is a world-leading multi-disciplinary science organisation, and our goal is to deliver economic, societal, scientific and international benefits to the UK and its people – and more broadly to the world.