Core Marketing Graduate Scheme - 18 Month FTC
Are you our next Rising Star?
You’ve graduated (or in the final stage of your last year) and it’s time to start your next adventure. You have big ideas and you want to voice them. And you want to become part of a company that gives you everything you need to create winning moments for yourself and millions of players around the world. Welcome to The Stars Group.
Our graduate scheme offers a competitive salary, discretionary bonus and experience working for one of the world’s largest publicly listed online betting and gaming companies.
So, who are we? We’re home to some of the biggest, most exciting brands in the online gaming industry, with offices, events and players all over the world. We’re the ultimate owner of such brands as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo, Sky Poker and BetEasy as well as live poker tour and event brands.
And, as part of our 18 month graduate scheme, you’ll have the opportunity to work across all of them. Your seat is open.
Please note - the deadline to apply for this role is Friday 8th February.
What you’ll be doing
Six month rotations in the following teams:
The CRM Team
The CRM Delivery Management team has ownership over all The Stars Group customer facing CRM communications. We take promotions from inception to live whilst liaising with various areas of the business including Content, Studio, Publishing, Localization and Mailer to ensure all assets are approved and ready to go live by the required date. During your six-month rotation with you will be:
Project managing pre-approved CRM campaigns and executing them including uploading and testing of mailers, graphics and push notifications
- Identifying gaps in current tool capabilities where efficiency is being lost & recommend improvements or new tool ideas
- Producing, quality assessing and deploying CRM campaigns ensuring that all communications are correct, current, and of the highest quality
- Analysing and split testing of communications to ensure optimised performance and best possible results across different markets
The Advertising Team
The Advertising team manage much of The Stars Group’s advertising creative needs. The bulk of the work is across the poker vertical, with an increasing number of sports and casino projects (and some cross-vertical projects too). The team includes creatives, video producers and strategy / account management people and our work covers creating, producing and localising TV, digital and social ads across multiple markets. It’s fast paced, dynamic and constantly evolving. You should expect to be involved with the following whilst with the team:
- Overseeing the day to day running of advertising projects in various markets, consistently helping to deliver quality creative solutions ensuring they’re on time, on brief, on brand and on budget
- Writing creative and adapt briefs, managing delivery times, localisation, help plan and attend TV ad shoots
- Working on global social media campaigns and maintaining the high standards of creative quality that have been set and seeking to always improve on these
- Providing creative input into new promotions across all our verticals
The Public Relations team is the voice of our brands, engaging a wide variety of media and customers across the globe in all the interesting things our poker, social gaming, sports betting and casino products are doing. From product launches to live events, celebrity and ambassador news, and product information, the PR team create global and regional PR strategies and maintain strong and positive media relations to ensure our brands’ stories are heard. There is never a dull moment - Your rotation with the PR team will give an introduction into what we do within the online gaming industry, and how we speak to audiences outside of it. You should expect the following whilst you’re with us:
- Planning PR campaigns by contributing to the production of internal PR plans.
- Helping to deploy PR campaigns by contributing to the production of internal and external PR material. This may include external press releases, internal briefing documentation, award applications, and the planning of PR activities & events.
- Helping to measure the success of PR campaigns and activities by contributing to internal reports.
- Conducting research on various issues relevant to online entertainment, including gaming
What do we need from you?
- Bachelor’s degree having graduated with, or on track to achieve, a 2:1 or higher
- Highly organised and methodical, with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize key projects daily
- A passion for ads, and a love of brands and marketing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to tailor the dialogue and delivery to cater for a variety of audiences
- Must be able to work under pressure, with the ability to problem solve and adapt to changing business requirements
- Skype, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook Office proficient
- Team Player with a “can do’ attitude
- Degree subject in Business, Marketing or Communications
- Interest in online gaming (preferably Poker, Sports or Casino)
- Project planning and/or management experience
- Basic HTML coding knowledge
We’ll aim to get back to you within 14 days of applying. After that, you’ll be invited to complete a video interview. If successful, you’ll then be invited to an assessment centre in March 2019.
We’ll take your summer plans into consideration when organising a start date but ideally we’d like the successful candidate to start in July 2019. So, if you are planning on doing some post-uni travelling, you can take that into consideration when booking your return flight.
- Focus on the customer
- Work as a team
- Strive for excellence
- Have courage
- Show passion
“We’re a very tightknit team and our working styles complement each other. Team work is essential - no-one should feel they have the whole world on their shoulders. Work Hard and Play Hard!”
Perks and Benefits
The salary for this job is competitive for the graduate market, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and also like to throw in a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Whilst we don’t like to brag, we think we’re a pretty great place to work! Our London office is a modern, open plan office that boasts swanky refreshment stations and an unlimited supply of snacks.
Our social team organise great events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties. As an advocate of work/life balance, we offer an annual personal interest allowance where we encourage personal learning outside of working hours. Some courses our stars have used this for include 3D unicorn cake making, skiing lessons and learning to scuba dive!
Our in-house Learning team deliver fantastic support in terms of developing your skills and helping you progress your career.