Digital Design Marketing Graduate Scheme - 18 Month FTC
Are you our next Rising Star?
You’ve graduated (or in the final stage of your last year) and it’s time to start your next adventure. You have big ideas and you want to voice them. And you want to become part of a company that gives you everything you need to create winning moments for yourself and millions of players around the world. Welcome to The Stars Group.
Our graduate scheme offers a competitive salary, discretionary bonus and experience working for one of the world’s largest publicly listed online betting and gaming companies.
So, who are we? We’re home to some of the biggest, most exciting brands in the online gaming industry, with offices, events and players all over the world. We’re the ultimate owner of such brands as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo, Sky Poker and BetEasy as well as live poker tour and event brands.
And, as part of our 18 month graduate scheme, you’ll have the opportunity to work across all of them. Your seat is open.
Please note - the deadline to apply for this role is Friday 8th February.
What you’ll be doing
Six month rotations in the following teams:
The Performance Marketing Team
The Performance Marketing team deal with day-to-day advertising campaign management activities across digital marketing channels. They help the Group devise and execute cutting edge digital advertising campaigns to drive new customer awareness and subscriptions to our market leading products and brands.
- Testing all our web pages across browsers.
- Ensuring assets are delivered/distributed to stakeholders in accordance to the brief instructions.
- Owning digital focuses projects and make recommendations to improve current projects.
- The Creative Team
The Creative Time work with various design disciplines and teams across the Group. You’ll become an integral part of the team and help continue the working relationship with stakeholders for the Group.
During your Creative rotation, you’ll be:
- Working with senior creative designers on a range of projects.
- Driving creative direction of campaigns focusing on animated and 3D designs across varying digital forms.
- Creating concepts and visual identities for campaigns/promotions across all formats (website/social media/product).
- Be a hands-on designer across all teams/formats/business areas within the Design Studio.
The Sportsbook Marketing Team
The Sportsbook marketing team are responsible for the planning, formulation and execution of sports marketing campaigns for both always on and marque sporting tournaments throughout the year. We execute campaigns across ‘paid for’ performance marketing channels such as PPC, Display and Paid Social to name but a few. We also create content campaigns and publicise these across our ‘Owned & Earned’ distribution channels such as Facebook, Twitter and Betstars news. During this rotation, you can expect to be:
- Working with the creative designers and copy writers to produce on-brand content for owned, earned and paid for channels and ensuring content is in line with the overarching digital marketing calendar.
- Assisting with managing our Paid Media agency to ensure they are effectively optimising campaigns, establishing profitable extensions of the campaigns within agreed budgets.
- Liaising with our internal SEO team to ensure that progression is made and initiatives are put in place to drive performance.
- Responsible for analysing performance of all BetStars marketing channels including email, PPC, Display, paid social and affiliate channels, with recommendations on how to drive these forward.
What do we need from you?
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or Digital Marketing, having graduated with, or on track to achieve, a 2:1 or higher.
- A strong portfolio showing a thorough understanding and experience in online digital graphics design and animation.
- Excellent typographic skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to tailor dialogue and delivery to cater for a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work under pressure, problem solve and adapt to changing business requirements.
- Skype, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook Office proficient.
- A team player with a “can do’ attitude.
- Interest in online gaming (preferably Poker, Sports and/or Casino)
- Project planning and/or management experience
We’ll aim to get back to you within 14 days of applying. After that, you’ll be invited to complete a video interview. If successful, you’ll then be invited to an assessment centre in March 2019.
We’ll take your summer plans into consideration when organising a start date but ideally we’d like the successful candidate to start in July 2019. So, if you are planning on doing some post-uni travelling, you can take that into consideration when booking your return flight.
- Focus on the customer
- Work as a team
- Strive for excellence
- Have courage
- Show passion
“We work hard, enjoy the journey and can see the results. We like to work towards a goal and achieve it, then challenge ourselves, get out of our comfort zone, and often over achieve. We are also a very social team, we like sport, gaming and we enjoy a night out together occasionally!” Elise Dupaty – Department Head of Digital Media Strategy
Perks and Benefits
The salary for this job is competitive for the graduate market, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and also like to throw in a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Whilst we don’t like to brag, we think we’re a pretty great place to work! Our London office is a modern, open plan office that boasts swanky refreshment stations and an unlimited supply of snacks.
Our social team organise great events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties. As an advocate of work/life balance, we offer an annual personal interest allowance where we encourage personal learning outside of working hours. Some courses our stars have used this for include 3D unicorn cake making, skiing lessons and learning to scuba dive!
Our in-house Learning team deliver fantastic support in terms of developing your skills and helping you progress your career.