Tech Marketing Graduate Scheme - 18 month FTC
Are you our next Rising Star?
You’ve graduated (or in the final stage of your last year) and it’s time to start your next adventure. You have big ideas and you want to voice them. And you want to become part of a company that gives you everything you need to create winning moments for yourself and millions of players around the world. Welcome to The Stars Group.
Our graduate scheme offers a competitive salary, discretionary bonus and experience working for one of the world’s largest publicly listed online betting and gaming companies.
So, who are we? We’re home to some of the biggest, most exciting brands in the online gaming industry, with offices, events and players all over the world. We’re the ultimate owner of such brands as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo, Sky Poker and BetEasy as well as live poker tour and event brands.
And, as part of our 18-month graduate scheme, you’ll have the opportunity to work across all of them. Your seat is open.
What you’ll be doing
The Advertising Operations team have a keen interest in digital media, online advertising, audience segmentation and new trends of digital marketing so we need graduates to join our team to help us further develop the overall landscape of programmatic advertising for The Stars Group.
This rotational scheme will involve 6 months working alongside the Advertising Operations team and 6 months with the Programmatic Campaign Management team along with 6 months with our Technical Product team.
The Programmatic Campaign Management Team
During your time with the team you’ll be:
- Setting up and trafficking placements by agreed, budget, flight times and ad sizes along with managing the budgets and bids by tactics/strategies.
- Working with media planners and strategists to ensure campaigns remain on-target as well as providing constant, timely internal updates on them.
- Effectively prioritizing requests and troubleshooting any issues.
- Keeping up to date on all digital media trends.
The Advertising Operations Team
On your rotation with us you’ll be:
- Ensuring all creatives, campaigns and placements follow tech specifications.
- Troubleshooting pixels and third party tags as well as scheduling, generating and delivering reports to all stakeholders across the business.
- Managing requests using ticketing systems to ensure proper task prioritization.
- Delivering tags and tracking links to both internal teams and 3rd party vendors.
The Tech Product Team
The Technical Product team ensures that The Stars Group has the best solutions to support its Digital Marketing activities. The team is responsible for the solutions throughout the execution cycle, and works closely with the engineering and product teams to continuously improve systems and processes. During your rotation with us you’ll be:
- Working with key marketing stakeholders to understand and document their existing marketing processes and future requirements.
- QA and UAT Testing of our new features and releases.
- Triaging ongoing production issues and working with the tech team to resolve them.
- Meeting and evaluating third party suppliers to see if what they’re offering is a fit for our business.
What do we need from you?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Management, Marketing or Mathematics, having graduated with (or on track to achieve) a 2:1 or higher
- Highly organized and with strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently as well as part of a busy global team
- Being proactive and committed
- Excellent numeric and analytical skills with great attention to detail
- Good Excel skills
- Good knowledge of the Digital Marketing Eco system
- Good knowledge of buying methods; CPM, CPA, CPL, CPV
- Knowledge of how programmatic advertising works
- Interest in a data driven environment
We’ll aim to get back to you within 14 days of applying. After that, you’ll be invited to complete a video interview. If successful, you’ll then be invited to an assessment centre in March 2019.
We’ll take your summer plans into consideration when organising a start date but ideally we’d like the successful candidate to start in July 2019. So, if you are planning on doing some post-uni travelling, you can take that into consideration when booking your return flight.
- Focus on the customer
- Work as a team
- Strive for excellence
- Have courage
- Show passion
- Our Culture
“The team is at the centre of everything, we work hard and when the opportunity arises play hard too. We consistently try to solve problems beyond the reach of our current expertise. To achieve our goals, we do not want to know how to apply the rules; we want to break the rules. We do that by trying, failing and above all else learning together.” Jonathan Shaw – Department Head of Advertising Operations.
Perks and Benefits
The salary for this job is competitive for the graduate market, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and also like to throw in a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Whilst we don’t like to brag, we think we’re a pretty great place to work! Our offices are modern, open planned that boast swanky refreshment stations and an unlimited supply of snacks.
Our social team organise great events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties. As an advocate of work/life balance, we offer an annual personal interest allowance where we encourage personal learning outside of working hours. Some courses our stars have used this for include 3D unicorn cake making, skiing lessons and learning to scuba dive!
Our in-house Learning team deliver fantastic support in terms of developing your skills and helping you progress your career.