Think Ahead Graduate Programme
Most people know someone who’s had mental health problems.
But not everyone knows someone who can make a difference.
The Think Ahead programme is a new route into social work, for graduates and career-changers remarkable enough to make a real difference to people with mental health problems.
We are building a movement of leaders committed to transforming mental health through the power of social approaches. We are bringing exceptional people into mental health social work, pioneering better training, and creating a community of advocates in mental health services and across society.
Understanding and supporting adults with mental illness is as rewarding as it is challenging. It takes individuals with a rare blend of resilience, empathy, and intelligence to create a positive impact.
We’re searching for exceptional people to become mental health social workers on our two-year graduate programme. You’ll be paid to work in an expert team alongside clinical professionals, study for a fully-funded master’s degree, and develop your leadership skills.
We welcome applications from anyone who is able to work full-time in the UK, holds (or expects to achieve) a 2:1 undergraduate degree in any subject, and holds at least grade C GCSEs in Maths and English.
You don’t need any prior experience of social work, but you will need to demonstrate that you have the attributes necessary to excel on the Think Ahead programme and beyond: leadership, motivation, adaptability, relationship-building, communication, problem-solving, and self-awareness.
You will finish the programme with:
- An advanced degree and a completed Assessed and Supported Year in Employment, qualifying you to work in any area of social work.
- Extensive experience in social work and mental health settings.
- Highly transferable leadership skills, gained through your experience and your leadership training.
- Access to a network of your peers, the experts you have worked with, and Think Ahead alumni.
You can then follow any career direction you choose. In broad terms, your options will be to:
- Become a leading frontline practitioner.
- Move into service leadership.
- Use your leadership experience in an alternative career.
Please note, applications open on the 5th of September.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!