Finance Graduate Programme - London
The London Finance Graduate Programme (FGP) is designed to bring enthusiastic, intelligent and innovative graduates, in the early stages of their careers, into the internal Finance and Accounting team and to develop them into professionals capable of eventually operating effectively in the middle and upper tiers of the Finance organisation.
The objective of FGP is to provide graduates with experience in key areas of management accountancy across the whole Thomson Reuters organisation, with the globally recognised CIMA qualification as an end result. The three year programme is designed to give the appropriate grounding in core accountancy principles, allowing the graduate to further pursue a career in the Finance organisation across a wide range of disciplines.
As part of a wider global graduate community you will network and work with individuals across multiple time zones and geographies. You will be exposed to multiple industries, product types, content, and a diverse set of employees all working together to deliver innovative solutions for our customers. A strong alumni network, mentoring programmes, ongoing feedback, and technical and leadership development sessions that will enable you to collaborate in your learning and broaden your perspective, while providing a platform that you can drive your career from are all provided to enable you to be successful.
On joining, all graduates come together for an intensive two week onboarding and training period designed to provide an overview of the company and our strategy, develop a good understanding of our customers and products, create a sense of community, introduce you to key stakeholders and support system, provide opportunities to get hands on experience with our products, strategic networking, and get insights from senior leaders and alumni of our programmes.
What we aim to develop in Finance Graduates:
- Successful candidates will complete three year-long placements in a variety of roles throughout the London Finance hub;
- The placement roles will allow the successful candidates to gain experience of different business units and finance disciplines;
- Successful candidates will be expected to build strong relationships and networks with both finance and business staff;
- Successful candidates will gain a professional accountancy qualification (CIMA) by the end of the programme;
Successful candidates will learn to:
- Prepare, analyse and interpret financial statements, budgets and related finance reports;
- Develop interpersonal, management and leadership skills;
- Inform and influence management decision-making;
- Become proficient using Finance and Admin systems and reporting tools;
- Understand our customers’ needs, how they use our products and how we service them;
- Operate effectively in a large and complex commercial organisation;
By the end of the three-year programme, the successful candidate will:
- Have passed professional exams and be a member of CIMA;
- Be proficient in use of Finance and Administration systems and reporting tools relevant to the completed placements (such as: Tesseract (Proclarity and Intelligent Apps) SAP Finance+BEXSiebel and GenesisB2CCEDW and Business Objects)
- Have achieved all objectives set by Graduate Programme and placement managers.
What we’re looking for
- University Degree (2.1) with minimum 300 UCAS points
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to work with people at all levels
- Fluency in English is a must; additional languages are a strong plus
- Enjoying solving problems and working with internal customers
- Naturally collaborative and partnership oriented
- Thinking globally & desire to work in a diversity focused environment
- Ability to take feedback and course correct on work and behaviour
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!