Technology Graduate Programme - Nottingham
The Thomson Reuters Technology Graduate Programme is looking for upcoming to recent graduates to join a world class technology organization. We are offering you an opportunity to gain insight into our business and make a real difference while being exposed to cutting edge technologies across business, product and platforms.
As a successful application, you will join our Nottingham office and immediately be a part of vibrant and high performing teams of outstanding technologists, delivering a range of products designed to meet the pre-trade, execution and post trade needs of a wide variety of financial professionals. You will be directly contributing into the implementation of a strategic product and will be involved in decomposing requirements into designs, implementation work of items and working within design, development and QA practices.
What can you expect?
Upon joining, you will immediately begin working in QA or Development teams, in which our Nottingham teams have tremendous expertise. We are looking for graduates who are interested in big data, automated test engineering, performance testing, and software engineering and development. Upon acquiring graduate level skills, graduates will eventually move into other technology roles, allowing them to grow their career within Thomson Reuters.
Your Graduate Experience:
In addition to meaningful work and exposure to industry recognized products and teams, we will provide you a well rounded experience to help you successfully launch your career with Thomson Reuters. You will be a part of a broader early career community, and this includes:
- Being a part of our technology community and develop the skills necessary to launch a successful technology career at Thomson Reuters.
- Work with leading technologists in areas of software engineering and software testing.
- Be exposed to great opportunities to develop real life skills and earn valuable industry experience
- Through any of our hosted events, have numerous opportunities to meet like minded people and share your passion for technology with them
- Be provided industry leading self development through our 15 month graduate specific “Personal Development Lab,” which you will do hand in hand with our other graduate cohorts in Business, Sales and Finance in London.
- Have the opportunity to explore our business through non technology related business challenges, innovation sessions, and engagements with business leaders. This will help you drive solutions that are meaningful to our customers!
- Opportunity to participate in corporate responsibility & inclusion initiatives like CoderDojo, Urban Synergy, Women in technology initiatives, and mentoring with Prince’s Trust. We give you the opportunity to give back and engage with our communities.
- Be mentored to improve on the job technical skills and leadership skills by a member of our technology teams
What we’re looking for
- A BSc or MSc in Computer Sciences, Engineering, Maths, Information Systems, or related fields (with exposure to programming preferred) obtained in the last 2 years.
- Evidence of knowledge or practical demonstration of an interest and hands on experience in technology developed through any of the following routes: degree topics, a placement year or internship(s), any interesting technology work you have been involved with through university, technology forums, user groups or blogs.
- A proactive and self motivated approach to work and responsibility, an open-mind and willingness to use your initiative and creativity to solve problems, innovate and suggest new ways of working
- Ability to work within a team centric environment and collaborate within and outside of the direct team.
- Attention to detail, analytical, structured and organized, with good communication skills.
- A passion for technology and learning.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!