Sales Summer Internship Programme - London
Imagine an internship where what you do matters. As an intern at Thomson Reuters, you will do impactful work that contributes to our global strategy and empowers professionals globally to make the decisions that matter with the intelligent information we provide.
This internship is an opportunity to experience professional life, to apply the skills you’ve learned at school, and to test whether Thomson Reuters is the place to build your career after graduation and apply for our Sales Graduate Programme or entry level roles.
This will be an 8 week internship based in one of our London offices.
Interns will be responsible for enhancing the perspective of sales teams by providing new ideas to problems; attend and contribute to client meetings & team activities; assist with project development; data entry; assist with market research; help drive specific business development campaigns; be a part of short term projects; identify solutions for simplification of current work flow; and give valuable input that drives business results.
On the Sales Summer Internship Programme, you can expect to do the following types of activities:
- Contributing to projects to make our core platforms even more effective
- Supporting sales teams in driving campaigns aiming at increasing clients’ engagement
- Client and market analysis
- Work with marketing to strategically partner across various customer bases
- Assess and quantify the size of the commercial benefit of new opportunities
- Investigate untapped opportunities and new market segments for us to penetrate with current propositions, and new offerings
All interns will be provided with a robust training & development programme during their 8 weeks focusing on core skills development that will ease the transition from student to professional world, and learning opportunities where you will discover the markets Thomson Reuters operates in from our most senior leaders.
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrable interest in Thomson Reuters and the markets we operate in (e.g. Financial & Risk, Tax & Accounting and Legal);
- Strong personal & interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills in English
- Professional approach to work
- Self-starter with passion to work in customer facing roles
- Ability to network with a variety of people
- Problem-solving, high initiative and an achievement orientation
- Must be dynamic & innovative in their thinking
- Keen interest in feedback & development with the ability to quickly put it into action
- Competent user of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel & PowerPoint) with ability to learn new technology quickly
Penultimate Year student on track for 2:1 Bachelors Degree; Strong Academic Record; 340 UCAS Points or equivalent.
Post-Internship Assessment for Graduate Programmes
Outstanding high performers will be given the opportunity to apply for our Sales Graduate Programme – an exceptional 16 month rotation programme in London. Whether for this programme or another, applications for the internship should have a strong interest in continuing on with Thomson Reuters, and should see the internship as an opportunity to show the breadth of what their contribution can be long term.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!