Technology Summer Internship Programme - London
Imagine an internship where what you do matters. As an intern at Thomson Reuters, you will do impactful work that contributes to our global strategy and empowers professionals globally to make the decisions that matter with the intelligent information we provide. All of this is powered through the amazing technology that our technologists work on and create every day, and we want you to be a part of that!
This is an opportunity to experience professional life, to apply the skills you’ve learned at school, and to test whether Thomson Reuters is the place to build your career after graduation.
This will be an 8 week internship based in one of our London offices.
Interns will be responsible for enhancing the perspective of departments by providing new ideas to problems; attend and contribute to meetings & team activities; assist with project development; data entry; assist with market research; help drive specific business development campaigns; be a part of short term projects; identify solutions for simplification of current work flow; and give valuable input that drives business results.
As part of the Technology Internship, interns can expect to be placed in teams focusing on activities such as:
- Contributing to projects to make our core platforms even more effective
- Support our business analysts in product requirement gathering
- Work on data visualizations
- Contribute your coding language knowledge to development team work
- Help test new product releases
- Work on automating existing processes
- Work closely with development teams to develop technical strategy
All interns will be provided with a robust training & development programme during their 8 weeks focusing on core skills development that will ease the transition from student to professional world, and learning opportunities where you will discover the markets Thomson Reuters operates in from our most senior leaders.
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrable interest in Thomson Reuters and the markets we operate in (e.g. Financial & Risk, Tax & Accounting and Legal);
- Strong communication skills in English
- Professional approach to work
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Good personal & interpersonal skills
- Ability to network with variety of people based both at home and abroad
- Aptitude to research & analyze data
- Keen interest in feedback & development with the ability to quickly put it into action
- Competent user of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel & PowerPoint) with ability to learn new technology quickly
- Previous internship or work experience is a strong advantage.
- Technology affinity is a must!
- Previous coding experience & interest. No particular software language required, but could be web based HTML/JS, scripting Ruby/Python, Java/C/C++
- Fluency in other languages is a strong plus
- Experience abroad or demonstration of strong cultural & diversity awareness is an advantage
- Penultimate Year student on track for 2:1 Bachelors Degree; Strong Academic Record; 340 UCAS Points or equivalent.
Post-Internship Assessment for Graduate Programmes
At the end of the Summer Internship, outstanding high performers will be given the opportunity to apply for our Business Graduate Programme in London or Technology Graduate Programme in Nottingham. Whether for these programmes or others, applications for the internship should have a strong interest in continuing on with Thomson Reuters, and should see the internship as an opportunity to show the breadth of what their contribution can be long term.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!