HR Industrial Placement
Our approach to people management is different. One of Toyota's Guiding Principles is to foster a respectful, reflective culture where individual creativity and teamwork can flourish. That makes HR a visible and valuable part of our operation. To keep our products progressing and our processes evolving, it's essential that we develop our people. That's where our trainees can make a difference. To succeed, you'll need to be a team player yourself - as comfortable on the shop floor as you are with senior managers.
Your time here
On the Industrial Placement programme, you'll get to see the breadth of our business, working on real-life projects in some of the following areas: Organisation Development, Employee Relations, Learning and Development or Benefits and Administration. The Toyota HR Industrial Placement programme will stretch your problem solving skills and introduce you to people at all levels, all over the business. It is designed to help you focus on your strengths as you enter your final year at university and make you more marketable as you look for a HR career. It's a challenging scheme, but there's plenty of support from colleagues.
Previous IP Projects Include:
- Designing a recognition toolkit – gaining consensus and shaping the proposal
- Running the Industrial Placement campaign, leading assessment centres, final interviews and playing a key part in the decision making process
- Analysing equal opportunities, monitoring standards and introducing a standardised reporting format across the business
- Putting together an induction course for agency staff
- Introducing a campaign for local schools to gain work experience through insight weeks at Toyota
- Proposing a social media strategy