SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA)
Our Technical Operations team are seeking to recruit graduates and experienced professionals who are looking for an exciting role as database administrators. The Technical Operations team at TPP encompasses the following roles: Database & System Administration, Performance and Capacity Management, Cyber Security Management, Technical Research and Development. As part of the team you will get chance to work in all these areas across our eight global data centres.
The system you will be working on:
- Processes over 1 billion transactions per day
- Contains 47 million patient records
- Holds over 650TB of data
Key roles include:
- Managing one of the largest real time databases in the world
- Database, hardware and network performance tuning
- Scoping data centres for new international projects
- Application and infrastructure security testing
- Installation and administration of servers
- Management and configuration of switches, firewalls and routers
- Managing data centre infrastructure
- Database management
- End to end resolution on technical issues
- Working closely with other teams to ensure SystmOne remains available and runs as fast as possible for our end users
Salary and Benefits
We will give you an excellent starting salary of £32,000 - £40,000 (depending on experience) with outstanding annual pay reviews. Your salary will increase rapidly during your time at the company.
You will also receive a range of benefits, including:
- Fantastic holiday entitlement
- Regular social events
- Opportunities to travel internationally
- Pub Fridays
- £200 birthday meal allowance
- Life insurance
- BUPA Health, Dental and Travel cover
To read what it’s like to work at TPP and to see our full list of benefits, visit our website.
TPP is a market leading UK based IT company, dedicated to delivering innovative software solutions to the UK healthcare industry. After 20 years of success, we now operate on an international scale with projects ongoing across the Middle East and China.
TPP has been consistently recognised as an outstanding graduate employer. In 2014 and 2015 we placed first in The Sunday Times 100 Best Small Companies To Work For. Most recently, we were named ‘Top Company For Graduates To Work For’ 2016/17 and the ‘Top IT Development and Consulting Company’ for two years running by The JobCrowd.
- ABB or higher at A Level (or equivalent) including either Maths or IT
- 2:1 or above in a computer related degree
- A passion for computing and new technologies
- Competent knowledge of general computing
- Natural problem solver
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written, with the ability to liaise internally and externally with contacts at all levels
- The ability to work within strict deadlines and under pressure
- The ability to think broadly and have an aptitude to learn quickly
To apply, email your CV to email@example.com. When applying, please specify:
- Which university you attended
- All individual GCSE and A Level subjects and grades
- Your degree classification
- Where you heard about the job
Please note: We reimburse travel expenses
Note that due to the high volume of applications, candidates failing to pass the initial selection will not be notified. Successful candidates will usually be contacted within two weeks.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!