We recruit 23 trainees every year, split between March and September intakes and based at our offices in London, Birmingham, Exeter and Manchester.
Training is divided into four six-month seats and you can expect to experience a broad range of departments and practice areas over the course of the two-year period.
All trainees are teamed with a supervisor. It's their role to guide you through each of your six-month seats and ensure that you are given plenty of challenges and all the support you need.
From the outset, you will be given real responsibility and the opportunity to learn from hands-on experience in a supportive working environment.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop a range of skills relevant for a career within the legal profession in a commercial environment, whilst gaining experience in four six-month seats over the duration of their training contract with us. They will liaise with partners and colleagues, and be given responsibility and challenged in a range of practice areas. They will participate in a range of training courses (department-specific, firm-wide, and as required by the SRA) to aid their development.
Skills and experience
We seek to recruit candidates whom we view as having the potential to forge a long-term career with us. The candidates must:
- have excellent academic results (a minimum of 128 UCAS points (ABB or above) and a consistently strong achieved 2.1 degree);
- have completed the LPC with strong grades;
- Demonstrate the following in their submission:
- a drive to succeed;
- teamworking skills;
- resilience and strength of character;
- a sense of responsibility;
- an innovative approach;
- an analytical and logical mind; and
- excellent communication skills with strong attention to detail.