Mechanical Design Engineer
The Medical Devices Group is seeking talented, insightful and ambitious mechanical designers to join the growing team. The successful candidates will take ownership of the mechanical design of new medical devices, drawing on their insight into mass-produced mechanisms, design skills, creativity, initiative and drive. Our work includes development of medical devices focussing on inhalation, injection, high acuity and surgical.
- You will invent, design and develop novel enabling mechanisms for new medical devices, from concept to detailed engineering designs.
- This is an opportunity to make a significant, direction-setting impact, working collaboratively in a small, high-powered project team, developing devices from concept through to production. Ultimately, your contribution will be to design the whole device. Your ideas will visibly improve the product, the treatment effectiveness and the business results.
- You will make important contributions to multiple and varied client projects, taking ownership and responsibility for client requirements by participating in client meetings, responding to complex technical challenges by inventing and detailing the most appropriate solutions.
- You will use your knowledge of materials, high-volume component manufacturing processes and complex assembly processes to develop cost-effective and robust components and assemblies, with an emphasis on injection moulded parts.
- You will create virtual models, oversee the manufacture of prototypes and pre-production parts, liaise internally to work on usability and safety testing, and design and make test rigs.
- Your work will display quality, honesty and integrity at all levels, in particular to address the standards of design rigour that are required to develop successful devices.
- You will relish the opportunity to focus your career development on becoming a world-class mechanical designer.
Skills and experience:
- Very strong mechanical creativity, insight and attention to detail applied to the creation of reliable mass-produced mechanisms. This will be demonstrated by a track record over a period of years of setting the direction and following through with high-quality detail design in advanced mechanical product development projects.
- Experienced and highly-effective user of Solidworks or Creo
- A strong ability to communicate the value of your work confidently and clearly to team members and clients.
- Professional experience that demonstrates strong self motivation, initiative and a drive to succeed.
- A desire to improve the quality of your work and to develop new skills, focussed on outstanding mechanical design.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!