Consultant Mechanical Engineer
As a medical device consultant, you will transform healthcare by creating disruptive new technologies and products, influencing and advising our clients to ensure they get to market.
Engineers at TTP conceive innovations and convert them into physical reality. They understand how technology drives progress, creates value for our clients and is governed by economics. Their knowledge is used to break engineering problems into their fundamental issues and concentrate those insights into creative concepts and design decisions. As an engineer, you will have freedom to approach problems from new angles, arrive at novel solutions and validate your thinking through experimentation.
Even on multi-million-pound developments we operate with small teams: you will always have a leading role and the decisions you make will determine the outcome of the project. We need our engineers to be multi-skilled and adaptable. Your most valuable asset will not be a specialism, but your ability to leverage knowledge of commercial and engineering fundamentals to overcome novel problems. Together with your colleagues you will propel innovations from early concept to high-volume manufacture.
Operating in the medical sector means we work on the cutting edge of technology, and have a genuine opportunity to impact people's lives. This is a demanding industry and the breadth and criticality of our work demands robust understanding: neither unverified theory nor unreliable pragmatism will do. Consultants must understand where they fit within developments as a whole and tune their work to the right balance of cost, speed and detail. No two projects are the same, and we strive to deliver what is right for our clients, rather than working to a defined process.
At TTP consultants drive all aspects of a development. Not only will you engage in engineering, but also project leadership, selling and business strategy. Due to their wide remit, consultants must combine technical expertise, commercial acumen, and effective communication. Where you choose to develop your skills will be up to you – there is no set development pathway, or formal hierarchy to climb. There are no arbitrary boundaries to your role: if you see something which you think should be different then you will have the freedom and the responsibility to enact change.
Skills and Experience
- A very strong understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals including analytical, experimental and creative capabilities
- Evidence of creating insight that sets the direction in research, technology or advanced product development projects with tangible results
- A strong ability to communicate the value of your work confidently and authoritatively
- Experience that demonstrates an ability to lead and a drive to succeed
- A desire to improve the quality of your work, to develop new skills and to take increasing responsibilities
- Experience of leading novel mechanical device development projects would be an advantage
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!