Graduate opportunities for Quantity Surveyors
Turner & Townsend is a global consultancy, applying technical excellence in their work across the real estate, infrastructure and natural resources sectors.
We have grown to become a world-leading professional services company. With 108 offices in 45 countries we?re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people realise their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Cost and commercial management programme
Our cost and commercial management programme predominately operates within our real estate and infrastructure sectors. You will be exposed to both the pre and post contract work stages enabling you to have a real impact on the project lifecycle across a diverse portfolio of projects. You will be exposed to as many different areas as possible to support your professional development pathway. Cost management is vital in delivering the best value to our clients, maximising their return on investment. Assistant Cost Managers will support the role of the Commission Manager, taking responsibility for effectively delivering a wide range of tasks to the highest quality standards.
We are currently recruiting across the UK however, it is likely that you will have to have to visit and work from client sites over the course of your graduate programme.
- Conducting background research, data collection and benchmarking
- Estimating and producing cost plans
- Compiling and amending the tender list
- Drafting the procurement documentation
- Checking and analysing the tenders
- Drafting the tender report
- Dealing with variations and the change control processes, negotiating less financially significant or complex matters
- Conducting cost checks and valuations
- Drafting monthly reports
- Analysing the numbers for the final accounts
- Liaising with the client, contractors, designers, etc.
Graduate Development Programme (GDP)
Our 24-month GDP provides you with a structured learning environment that supports you to become a well-rounded consultant and accelerate your career as far and fast as possible.
You will be provided with a development path that is aligned to our internal competency frameworks and supports professional development and qualifications, including RICS, APM, CIOB and ICE. This will help you and your manager monitor and plan your learning needs in order for you to progress in your career with us.
The GDP is designed to be:
- a platform to enhance knowledge and gain first-hand experience
- a training schedule to support and capture your learning and development needs and achievements
- a learning tool document to track and report the development of your capabilities
The two year GDP incorporates a training programme that will provide you with technical and behavioural training to enhance your knowledge and skills.
What we're looking for:
- 2.1 or a 1st in any discipline
- Strong team-working and interpersonal skills
- Clear interest in cost management/quantity surveying
- Self-motivated individual with a good aptitude to learn
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with high attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Commercially focused
Meet the team at one of our events to discuss the opportunities we have to offer. This is a great way of getting an insight into Turner & Townsend and you can ask any questions about us or the recruitment process.
Step 1 -Online application
Submit your CV and answer the online application questions. You will have the opportunity to tell us more about yourself and let us know your programme and location preferences.
Step 2 - Video interview
If your online application is successful, you will be asked to take part in a video interview. This will focus on competencies and your motivation for the opportunities that Turner & Townsend offers.
Step 3 - Assessment centre
If you are successful at video interview you will be invited to a full-day assessment centre. The day will focus on different competencies along with your motivation for Turner & Townsend. It will involve up to three different activities including an interview, and will give you the opportunity to find out more about us.
Step 4 - Onboarding
If you are offered a place on one of our programmes, you will need to complete the onboarding process. At this stage you will be made aware of the team and location you will be working in. You will also have the chance to attend an insight day in the office before starting. All of this will lead up to your induction week with the rest of your cohort.
Whilst completing the GDP, you will be provided with people dedicated to supporting you through your development journey.
It's a structured proven programme that?s designed to bring out the best in you. In addition to your line manager and buddy, you will be assigned a Graduate Development Manager who will be responsible for supporting your development and progress through the programme.
Our graduate recruitment and development team will also be on hand to provide support throughout your time on the programme to both you and your line manager.
The benefits we offer include:
- competitive salary
- structured learning and development sessions throughout your programme
- support to become professionally qualified
- access to a range of online learning tools
- corporate gym membership
- employee assistance programme
- season ticket loan
- ability to buy or sell annual leave days
- company social events
- sports team membership
- cycle to work scheme