UHY Hacker Young
UHY Hacker Young is a top 20 national accountancy organisation but we are still small by comparison to the Big Four. Our trainees get a lot of autonomy and early responsibility which we think is a real positive.
Our trainees deal with a variety of work, from the small companies, through to what we call the ‘dynamic mid-market’ businesses and AIM and fully listed public entities.
The work we do
We offer all of the services you would expect from a firm of our size and a few you might not expect:
- Audit, accounting, payroll and bookkeeping
- Corporation and personal tax
- Corporate finance services such as strategic business advice, advice on selling a business, raising finance, going public – in particular AIM support services, and mergers & acquisitions
- Advice on family matters, including inheritance tax, trusts and other tax planning
- Specialist services such as VAT, litigation support, corporate restructuring and recovery, international tax planning
- Company secretarial services.
We generally recruit small numbers of graduates into each office and so we are as keen for you to succeed as you are. The scheme is a mixture of on-the-job training and classroom based study and we assign mentors and counselling partners to make sure everything is going well and that you are happy.
Your training and development
Training does vary from office to office but there are opportunities in all assignments to apply and develop your knowledge and to learn more by dealing with real business situations.
Throughout your training we are interested in you as an individual – what your interests are, what motivates you and how we can help you to meet your professional objectives.
We look for a mixture of academic ability and commercial acumen; training to become an accountant is difficult and so we look for past academic success as a measure of your ability to study and pass exams.
Typically, you will have 280 UCAS points (or equivalent) and a 2.1 degree. At the same time we also have an eye out for the partners of the future and so we want you to prove that you can sell yourself, that you understand business and that you can build strong relationships.
If you think that sounds like you then we would love to hear from you.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!