National Marketing & BD Assistant
The marketing & BD team for the UHY Hacker Young Group (UHY HY) currently comprises six marketing & BD professionals, headed by the National Marketing & BD Director. The team work from UHY’s London office but provide support to all 27 UK offices.
Due to changes within the current marketing & BD team, the Group is looking to appoint a new National Marketing & BD Assistant to support the team. The team are the central marketing & BD resource for the expanding Group, now comprising more than 100 partners and almost 600 professional staff in 27 offices across the UK.
The Marketing & BD Assistant will report directly to the Head of Marketing & BD, who has a dual role as the National Executive Director, and who in turn reports to the Chairman of the UHY HY Group and to the Group Board.
The Marketing & BD Assistant’s primary role will be to support the members of the team in their daily duties. The team are also supported by a secretary, who would also work closely with the Assistant. The Assistant will also be responsible for their own task list and will be involved in supporting the regional offices to progress their marketing plans.
The role will require an element of administrative work and tasks will include:
- maintenance of the UHY HY Group website;
- organising adverts and directory entries for all offices and maintaining relevant records;
- management of promotional goods stocks;
- management of the mailings of client e-communications;
- maintenance of our public client lists and corporate adviser ranking listings;
- managing distribution, recording and follow-up of website enquiries;
- involvement with social media maintenance and updates – primarily through Twitter, LinkedIn and via the use of Hootsuite; and
- updates to and tailoring of existing corporate communications in InDesign (training to be provided).
Other larger projects that the Marketing & BD Assistant is likely to be involved with include:
- involvement in one-off marketing/targeting activities;
- help organising client events (seminars/parties);
- editing and proofing internal and external communications;
- company research for potential pitch/targeting opportunities;
- competitor research projects; and
- ensuring corporate brand and identity consistency.
The progression of regional office and London departmental marketing plans will require:
- liaising with partners and managers directly, taking an active interest in advising them on best practice and practical considerations;
- planning the stages and timing of various projects and assembling appropriate assistance where available;
- ensuring progression of agreed activities outlined within the plans; and
- attending occasional regional office marketing meetings and assisting with their project/campaign work.
Skills required for the role:
- Excellent communication skills and high standards of written and spoken English
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritise workload
- Ability to work independently with some guidance
- Fantastic attention to detail, a professional approach to the tasks given and lots of common sense
- Basic keyboard skills, familiarity with Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required
- Familiarity with Adobe InDesign and Adobe Acrobat would be an advantage
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!