National Marketing & BD Assistant
The current national marketing & BD team for the UHY Hacker Young Group comprises five marketing professionals who provide advice, support and practical assistance to more than 100 partners across our 26 UK offices, with support from the marketing team secretary.
The team is a vibrant and close-knit team who work together on a wide range of marketing and business development campaigns for the national Group and its local offices. The workload is very varied and all positions within the team benefit from exposure to a wide breadth of responsibilities across the marketing & BD mix.
The Marketing & BD Assistant will report directly to the Head of Marketing & BD, who has a dual role as the National Executive Director, and who in turn reports to the Chairman of the UHY HY Group and to the Group Board.
The Marketing & BD Assistant’s primary role will be to support the members of the team in their daily duties. The team are also supported by a secretary, who would also work closely with the Assistant. The Assistant will also be responsible for their own task list and will be involved in supporting the regional offices to progress their marketing plans.
The role will require an element of administrative work and tasks will include:
- maintenance of the UHY HY Group website
- organising adverts and directory entries for all offices and maintaining relevant records
- management of promotional goods stocks
- management of the mailings of client e-communications
- maintenance of our public client lists and corporate adviser ranking listings
- managing distribution, recording and follow-up of website enquiries
- involvement with social media maintenance and updates – primarily through Twitter, LinkedIn and via the use of Hootsuite (training to be provided)
- Updates to and tailoring of existing corporate communications in InDesign (training to be provided)
Other larger projects that the Marketing & BD Assistant is likely to be involved with include:
- involvement in one-off marketing/targeting activities
- help organising client events (seminars/parties)
- editing and proofing internal and external communications
- company research for potential pitch/targeting opportunities
- competitor research projects
- ensuring corporate brand and identity consistency
The progression of office and working group marketing plans will require:
- liaising with partners and managers directly, taking an active interest in
- advising them on best practice and practical considerations
- planning the stages and timing of various projects and assembling appropriate assistance where available
- ensuring progression of agreed activities outlined within the plans
- attending occasional regional office and working group meetings and assisting with their project/campaign work
Skills required for the role:
- Excellent communication skills and high standards of written and spoken English
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritise workload
- Ability to work independently with some guidance
- Fantastic attention to detail, a professional approach to the tasks given and lots of common sense
- Basic keyboard skills, familiarity with Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required
- Familiarity with Adobe InDesign and Adobe Acrobat would be an advantage
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!